Where to buy Clay Pigeon...

bugman

Can any body recommend or suggest where to get a box of clays from! I've looked at several suppliers on T'internet and nobody likes putting prices on there websites and local gun shop don't seem to be bothered about trying to get any for me!

Not after loads but depending on how many are in a box and for how much will depend on what I'm after I suppose! (Guess whose just brought a trap for his land without thinking about it first?!).

All suggestions etc will be most appreciated (keep it clean!)

Bugman

A box won't last you long, far better to buy a pallet of between 7 & 10,000.

I used to buy from these people when running my own ground:

http://www.claypigeoncompany.co.uk/content/clays.asp

Oh, and don't forget you'll soon have to stop calling the "Pigeons" and should always refer to them as "Targets" to avoid possible upsetting the anti-bloodsports brigade.

Cat.

Cheers I think I tried their website and they had no prices!! I hope a box or two will last a while as I will have to clear them up as I go!! and i don't fancy picking up 10,000 broken clays! (Mind you I would probably break more tripping over while carrying a box than shooting them!!).

They will always be pigeons to me just because some people disagree doesn't give them a right to change me!!

Bugman

A box won't last you long, far better to buy a pallet of between 7 & 10,000.

I used to buy from these people when running my own ground:

http://www.claypigeoncompany.co.uk/content/clays.asp

Oh, and don't forget you'll soon have to stop calling the "Pigeons" and should always refer to them as "Targets" to avoid possible upsetting the anti-bloodsports brigade.

Cat.

How about asking a clay ground near you to add an extra 2000 or so on their next order im sure most places wouldnt mind.

As for picking them up i used to do that but i only did it for practice and wouldnt fire more than a box at a time and most of the time i wasnt missing huge amounts you can just walk around and break them with your foot and they will degrade quicker

I've been to the closest clay ground and they was a bit funny because I had my own trap and didn't use there facilities! If they lowered the price and made it more welcoming in the first place I probably would go there, but its 40 mins away and just uses up the spare time I have getting there. I've got the land to do it at home so just thought I could bust 50 clays on a Saturday morning without going anywhere! (Hence the picking them up!!)

I'll keep looking some'll turn up some where.

Cheers

Bugman

How about asking a clay ground near you to add an extra 2000 or so on their next order im sure most places wouldnt mind.

As for picking them up i used to do that but i only did it for practice and wouldnt fire more than a box at a time and most of the time i wasnt missing huge amounts you can just walk around and break them with your foot and they will degrade quicker

I I've got the land to do it at home so just thought I could bust 50 clays on a Saturday morning without going anywhere! (Hence the picking them up!!)

You mention it takes too much time travelling to a clay ground, but you want to spend your Saturday picking up thousands of bits of clays? :unsure:

I never said i would be clearing them up straight away!! :unsure:

I I've got the land to do it at home so just thought I could bust 50 clays on a Saturday morning without going anywhere! (Hence the picking them up!!)

You mention it takes too much time travelling to a clay ground, but you want to spend your Saturday picking up thousands of bits of clays? :o

Found some right on my doorstep!! Local game dealer has some in stock for himself and was kind enough to let me have some. He did mention he was struggling to get a supplier because unless you are a clay ground buying a truck of pallets your frowned upon.

Bugman

I never said i would be clearing them up straight away!! :P

You mention it takes too much time travelling to a clay ground, but you want to spend your Saturday picking up thousands of bits of clays? :stupid:

I found a place (country pursuits in Rickmansworth) who will sell single boxes, but I am surprised anyone bothers.

They make nothing on them, 4 pallets+ before it makes sense in terms of delivery costs, they weigh a ton and are extremely fragile - I know I wouldn't bother dealing in single boxes :P

Glad you found some!