computor problem, help !

welshwizard

I have a problem with my laptop , very slow starting up and opening pages (sometimes crashing ) seems to have gone like it since renewing my mcafee antivrus so i rang them , spent two hours online and on phone but its still not sorted , should i ditch the mcafee , is it a simple matter of clicking uninstall and if so what should i use instead , forgive my ignorance but we had no computor training skills when i was in school :yahoo:

i very much doubt it is anti virus https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download download the free one and run it it will get rid of all your junk files which slow computers down it is very safe software to use then post back your results if better or not

Did that but still no better can't even load into explorer , just using my tablet at moment until

I can get it sorted .

Hi

I would suggest delete the McAfee as could be resource heavy which may be one reason for the slowing down/crashing, download (free) MS Security Essentials for the antivirus, run it, then download CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes (both free) and run these to clean up any leftovers/mess.......

L