Others do it - is it too much to ask?

Kes

Looks like it's time for another reminder...

This site is meant to be for the benefit of the " " community as a whole, not the personal play thing for a vocal few and it's a massive shame when all the good things members do on here (acts of generosity, sharing of knowledge from a vast pool of experience etc, and all for free) get overshadowed by a few anonymous egos with chips on their shoulders and who invariably give nothing back.

Using the site to pursue personal vendettas, stirring up trouble seemingly for one's own amusement and relentless general unpleasantness is unnecessary, it spoils the site for the majority and it won't be tolerated. Accounts being used for this purpose will be suspended.

If you find yourself getting into arguments with just about everyone, being the centre of all the "popcorn" icon type threads, or attracting more than your fair share of reported posts then please think about taking it down a notch because you'll be on the radar.

That aside, thank you to the vast majority of members. The ones helping other members new to " ", giving up their time for free, donating equipment, raising money for charity, supporting the site financially both as Trade Members or Supporters and who participate on here with good spirit and without a hint of conflict or controversy. You are the ones who really make this site icon_cool.gif

I am not coming back for a while - this sentiment posted from a 'sister' site does explain why. My sympathies to those who have been trying and to those who are noticeably more absent recently.

Kes

What's that all about? :/:bye2:

probably due to do the demeaning and unnecessary replies he received in another thread one from a particularly bumptious know it all "expert" :lol::lol::lol: and the other from a mod who should have known better than to personalise his remarks

stick with it KES we may not always agree, but we need people like you who are not afraid to say it as you see it

KW

Edited by kdubya

probably due to do the demeaning and unnecessary replies he received in another thread one from a particularly bumptious know it all "expert" :lol::lol::lol: and the other from a mod who should have known better than to personalise his remarks

stick with it KES we may not always agree, but we need people like you who are not afraid to say it as you see it

KW

Which thread fella??

Don't go Kes, nobody else appreciates my Fat Balls gag (which incidentally is due for its annual run out soon / when the weather cools a bit) :-(

as long as its not (and this is a big please) given the same run out as the environment

KW

This really surprised me. i've enjoyed reading many of Kes's posts in the past, so I'm surprised he would stoop to a post like this.

This happens all too often on forums. If you want to go, go. Don't log on again until you want to. Or don't log on at all if you don't want to. What is the point of an attention seeking post like this? Is it hoping people will beg him to stay? Is he one of the 3 guests now viewing this thread?

And i'm not being one of those trolls who like to have a dig. I just don't.

If you come back, great. If you don't, fair enough. :good:

Edited by walshie

KW

See what you mean fella.

Wee bit personal and like most of those threads they deteriorate very quickly.

I can never quite understand , these " thats it I am leaving " type posts that seem to be becoming more frequent .

If some one is having a pop at you , let it go over your head , there are far more decent folk on here than muppets .

Kes you mention all that is good about the forum so why deprive yourself of that , its a bit like vcutting your nose off to spite your face .

Just ignore it and keep giving others that deserve it the benefit of your wisdom .

If people really get on your nerve , then , use the ignore button !

“If you can’t stand the heat” or even if you do not like the smell of what’s cooking, and all that but it seemed like a rather mild ‘handbag bashing’ to me!

Must be some other stuff going on lowering the threshold for him I would have thought, nothing serious I hope! :|

Regards

This really surprised me. i've enjoyed reading many of Kes's posts in the past, so I'm surprised he would stoop to a post like this.

This happens all too often on forums. If you want to go, go. Don't log on again until you want to. Or don't log on at all if you don't want to. What is the point of an attention seeking post like this? Is it hoping people will beg him to stay? Is he one of the 3 guests now viewing this thread?

Agree 100%

This forum has lost a lot of really decent chaps lately, that have made big contributions to the site, Terry Eccles, Camokid, Evo etc and now another one.

I don't see these posts as "attention seeking" more bringing to attention. Unfortunately, Pigeon Watch, compared to other forums, appears to be a magnet for the same type of people who like to start a fight outside the pub! The continuous engaging in antagonistic remarks and thread disruption carried out by the same ones time and time again. They stay and continue to use PW members as a punch bag, whilst we lose great contributors.

I agree with most of your post Walshie, but I don't think by his op, Kes has lowered himself or is seeking attention. I read these posts, sensing a bit of sadness and a hope that something is done to "clean" up the forum for the greater good. Unfortunately, what seems to happen is a few will post something positive, whilst plenty of others will "put the boot" in as the member goes through the door! Not very nice or intelligent.

Of course, it will be said, that members on any forum will come and go, but does PW really want to have such a high percentage of trouble makers driving people away?

Edited by turbo33

I do agree with some of what you have said and it is a shame that some of these people have left. But you will have in a forum certain people who like to press other people's buttons and will never see another person point of view and never admit they are wrong. If you don't like it you don't play that game. A simple "I am not being drawn into this" post will do.

I do agree with some of what you have said and it is a shame that some of these people have left. But you will have in a forum certain people who like to press other people's buttons and will never see another person point of view and never admit they are wrong. If you don't like it you don't play that game. A simple "I am not being drawn into this" post will do.

I agree. The problem is, a thread is trotting along nicely, and in they come, with a odour so bad, that you are continually forced to leave the room!!! Eventually, you leave the house :yes:

Edited by turbo33