usa school shooting

mossy835

Seems a teenage boy ,break up with girl friend ,row with others . Many of us have been there all felt like the world was against us and there was no point in going on .Some get drunk and crash cars but when there is easy access to guns you have a receipt for disaster.

I am in regular contact through web sites with American shooters who seem oblivious to the simple fact that no matter what their constitution says their fundamentalist beliefs that words on a 200 year old piece of paper are still relevant regarding their "Right to bare arms" is to be honest scary .

Until they accept that change is not only necessary but essential , events like these that have happened in the US for well over a century but not received the world wide media attention they do now ,will continue .

Seems a teenage boy ,break up with girl friend ,row with others . Many of us have been there all felt like the world was against us and there was no point in going on .Some get drunk and crash cars but when there is easy access to guns you have a receipt for disaster.

I am in regular contact through web sites with American shooters who seem oblivious to the simple fact that no matter what their constitution says their fundamentalist beliefs that words on a 200 year old piece of paper are still relevant regarding their "Right to bare arms" is to be honest scary .

Until they accept that change is not only necessary but essential , events like these that have happened in the US for well over a century but not received the world wide media attention they do now ,will continue .

spree killings are not just a U.S. problem, they did not originate there" well over a century ago"

Never said they originated in the US .. I commented that they had been going on for a long time but not received the publicity they do now .But that is not the point . Guns and upset or disaffected people do not mix . The American gun lobby seem oblivious to this fact and easy access to firearms of any sort will continue to be a source of killing sprees either in the US or any where else .

Never said they originated in the US .. I commented that they had been going on for a long time but not received the publicity they do now .But that is not the point . Guns and upset or disaffected people do not mix . The American gun lobby seem oblivious to this fact and easy access to firearms of any sort will continue to be a source of killing sprees either in the US or any where else .

My sentiments entirley

no gun control at all and cant see they will get it,thats another one this year,

Yeah I hope they don't pass anymore restrictions. Some states in USA have already too many gun laws.

It seems like you don't understand the right to bear arms otherwise you wouldn't be making such an ill advised comment.

You are more likely to be struck by lightning than die in a killing spree in America: FACT.

Don't fall for the gun control mantra the medi is trying to push.

I have lots of friends in the US who shoot and fish, their take on gun control has little to do with the Constitutional " right to bear arms", their view is that a disturbed person will find a weapon, whether its an alternative to a gun, or a "controlled" gun, if they are determined in their intent.

The vast majority of US gun owners are not the nutcases you see on You Tube.

I have lots of friends in the US who shoot and fish, their take on gun control has little to do with the Constitutional " right to bear arms", their view is that a disturbed person will find a weapon, whether its an alternative to a gun, or a "controlled" gun, if they are determined in their intent.

The vast majority of US gun owners are not the nutcases you see on You Tube.

If I remember correctly the then Home Secretary Jack Straw prior to the implementation of the ‘1998 Firearms Act’ said, that the proposed legislation would not deter a “Determined Individual’. So what was our load of legislation tosh all about I wonder?? :whistling:

I do understand the "right to bare arms" it was to prevent any government from dominating the people by force of arms . It was written when a flintlock pistol was considered a sophisticated weapon . You seem to miss the point. The so called Founding Fathers did not know about fully automatic weapons that can fire hundreds of rounds a minute or did they envisage compact 15 shot pistols had they done so then I am sure they would not have included such a blank check in their Bill Of Rights .I am not anti gun and I do not buy in to media hype ,I am a realist and although what happens in other Countries is nothing to do with me or any one else, gun owner ship in the US is used as ammunition by the anti brigade in Britain as well as other Countries .The pro gun lobby in the US needs in my opinion to have a serious look at itself and not present them selves as over weight anti establishment red neck survivalists but as concerned citizens appalled by events such as these .

I have written to MPS ,the Home Office and media in support of gun owner ship and the stupidity of proposed gun laws in this country since 1972 . I also earn my living from the gun trade and have dealt with numerous American dealers, manufactures and individuals so please do not suggest I do not understand the issue of gun control either here or in the US

gun owner ship in the US is used as ammunition by the anti brigade in Britain as well as other Countries .The pro gun lobby in the US needs in my opinion to have a serious look at itself and not present them selves as over weight anti establishment red neck survivalists but as concerned citizens appalled by events such as these .

Yes they have because they hate gun ownership and USA has a lot of guns. I thin you are missing the point, most American gun organizations like the NRA are what I would call Libertarian, supporting the rights of the people. For example, take the pressure they put upon the attorney General of New Jersey NOT to prosecute Shaneen Alen (speling?) who mistakenly brought her coneal carry gun from Pennsylvania to New Jersey and told cops of her mistake. Their reaction: immdeiate arrest. Luckilly she will not be prosecuted to the full extent but do some sort of anti-violence program. OH BY THE WAY SHE IS A BLACK LADY. Just gos to show that the NRA are not this racist redneck hilly billy organization. Maybe you can change your mind about pre-programmed stereotypes.

The NRA need to be part of the solution, but instead, they appear to bury their heads when these tragedies happen. I think the US will eventually get some gun control legislation - and it won't be what the NRA will have much say in.

If it happens, and that's a big if, it won't be for a looong time.

And that's fine by me. We have nothing to gain by negotiating with the other side.

If it happens, and that's a big if, it won't be for a looong time.

And that's fine by me. We have nothing to gain by negotiating with the other side.

I wouldn't count on that. Look at all the changes since 9/11. It just takes one seminal event to turn public opinion.

Is it a case of there seems more because the US has a much bigger population than us. The changes after Hungerford didn't stop Dunblane, Cumbria or Darlington.

As commented on by Stotto, a determined individual can access many things to kill people. Cars?

I don't see why people need automatic rifles but then others may say why do i need 3/4 rifles myself ( a question i get asked sometimes by family members)

The Oklahoma City bombings didn't result in a huge shift in homeland security. It took something bigger to mobilise public opinion enough to accept the changes you

have had. I'm not saying it will happen, but the risk is there.

I agree about the risk always being there.

But the only way I can see any major gun legislation getting through would be if some terrorist attack occurred with mass casualties carried out with weapons legally obtained on the US market. Something like Mumbai.

I do understand the "right to bare arms" it was to prevent any government from dominating the people by force of arms . It was written when a flintlock pistol was considered a sophisticated weapon . You seem to miss the point. The so called Founding Fathers did not know about fully automatic weapons that can fire hundreds of rounds a minute or did they envisage compact 15 shot pistols had they done so then I am sure they would not have included such a blank check in their Bill Of Rights .I am not anti gun and I do not buy in to media hype ,I am a realist and although what happens in other Countries is nothing to do with me or any one else, gun owner ship in the US is used as ammunition by the anti brigade in Britain as well as other Countries .The pro gun lobby in the US needs in my opinion to have a serious look at itself and not present them selves as over weight anti establishment red neck survivalists but as concerned citizens appalled by events such as these .I have written to MPS ,the Home Office and media in support of gun owner ship and the stupidity of proposed gun laws in this country since 1972 . I also earn my living from the gun trade and have dealt with numerous American dealers, manufactures and individuals so please do not suggest I do not understand the issue of gun control either here or in the US

u

Please tell me where you earn your living from the gun trade. I don't wish to keep a roof over your head as long as you wish to deprive me of my hobby.

Is it a case of there seems more because the US has a much bigger population than us. The changes after Hungerford didn't stop Dunblane, Cumbria or Darlington.

As commented on by Stotto, a determined individual can access many things to kill people. Cars?

I don't see why people need automatic rifles but then others may say why do i need 3/4 rifles myself ( a question i get asked sometimes by family members)

With you 100% on that I can see the point in people having hand guns hunting riffles shot guns etc but why would anyone need an automatic riffle it only takes one well aimed bullet to kill an animal or a person by spraying bullets all over the place all that you are doing is risking killing innocent people.

Having said that I think that in most of these cases it tends to be just hand guns that are used as a pistol shooter myself there is no way that I would advocate any restrictions on hand gun ownership one can only assume that if they could not lay there hands on a hand gun they would use a shotgun or riffle or come to that a some other object.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I think that it would be a good idea to read what the guy has said before making stupid comments.

I have no wish to help someone earn a living when the advocate banning my hobby.

What he is advocating is the slippery slope tht has left uk shooters with out the option of owning slr's and pistols. I now have to travel to Ireland to continue to shot pistols.

I am sure he is only advocating 'sensible' controls on firearms but the uk is the perfect example of where that ends up - outright bans.

my comment was not stupid and was not ment to be funny or pedantic I was serious, please indicate where you work in the gun trade so I can avoid spending my hard earned money their, a pm is sufficient if he does not wish to publish on the net