New Beretta back to gunsmith after just 50 shots

countryman

Hi

Just taken my lovely new Beretta EELL back to the gun shop after just 50 shots. It has developed a creaking noise on opening and shutting the gun. The gun shop spent about 1/2 hour trying to locate the noise but were unable to say where it was coming from, so they are sending it back to the gunsmith. To say i am gutted is an understatement. I wounder if anyone else has had problems with new Berettas and how quickly it was it dealt with.

Very down

Countryman

Hi

Just taken my lovely new Beretta EELL back to the gun shop after just 50 shots. It has developed a creaking noise on opening and shutting the gun. The gun shop spent about 1/2 hour trying to locate the noise but were unable to say where it was coming from, so they are sending it back to the gunsmith. To say i am gutted is an understatement. I wounder if anyone else has had problems with new Berettas and how quickly it was it dealt with.

Very down

Countryman

friend had a custom made 6.5K beretta start double detonating after only a few shots.

talk about unlucky.

This supports my theory about beretta build quality and quality control. However they do last for donkeys.

Nice gun!

My gun's forend kept coming loose and scratched the barrel, I was quoted 3 weeks to sort it so I didn't bother and did it myself.

Hope you get it sorted, try and remember why you picked the EELL while its away and enjoy it when its sorted out :unsure:

Hi

Very down

Countryman

the creaking sound you heard and most likely felt is caused by too close a tolerance on the materials, it is rubbing itself away, the contact area is dry, no lube, the steel is shuddering over its surfaces, this is exactly what is happening, good idea to send it back though i would have taken documenting pictures of the action prior, you never know what some muppet with a file will do to your pride and joy, maybe check and see if its still there and run down with the camera.

Beretta, in my experience, are more well know for this problem than any other gun im familiar with, i dont know why other than they build a tight gun, this as we all know can be a problem if not addressed correctly.

as to their lack of quality,,,, i will fight their corner, they build a good gun, top quality machining and parts, as do all the large brand names, even to Biakel are building better products, they all slip of the wagon once in a while, as do we all,,,,,,,,, right ..

as i said, any of you guys needing to return a gun for work, be it mods or warranty, take pics and let the person working on it know you have them,,,,,,, in a nice way of cource .

goodluck with your repair :P

Martin

fair play,

persoanlyl i dont like their o/u, more just an issue i have with their fit and as such like to take every oppertunity to slag them off :stupid:

however i think their semi auto's are a work of art.

first gun i ever shot and broke a clay with was a beretta 302, and now i am lucky enough to have a 391 at my disposal. Superb guns :P

fair play,

persoanlyl i dont like their o/u, more just an issue i have with their fit and as such like to take every oppertunity to slag them off :stupid:

however i think their semi auto's are a work of art.

first gun i ever shot and broke a clay with was a beretta 302, and now i am lucky enough to have a 391 at my disposal. Superb guns :stupid:

Nick your a vindictive little monkey :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid: i used to be that way with Beretta, being a Browning guy myself, but over the years and many strip downs i have grown to aknowledge their quality, i also have the Beretta semi,,,,,,,,, 3 of em :angry: 2 o/us and 4 brownings :stupid: 1 miroku :stupid: 1 winney :P the others are different makes.

Martin

ps if you dont shoulder it you dont have to fit it .......................

If it is brand new, it shouldn't be looked at by anyone other than GMK.

If they can't sort it ask for another one.

I sent my 687 back to them when I first got it as the bottom cartridge dragged up the back wall of the action when I opened the gun, and it started to leave **** in the piring pin hole.

GMK regulated the action and it has been pretty well perfect ever since.

Incidently they rebuilt it using graphite grease, I couldn't beleive how smooth it felt to use after that.