Getting my licence

Hi all I have just turned 14 and want to go for my shotgun licence I understand about getting a shotgun at 15 etc. However I was wondering what my chances are before I apply, I have never been in trouble with the police, my grandfather and uncle have licences for shotguns, I live very rural in a quiet village however I would plan to keep my gun at my granddad's,I have also shot shotguns before. So what are my chances of getting my licence. :)

Edited by thecleyduster

Guest cookoff013

As above.

Its still good to hear a 14yr old that hasn't been involved with the police.

You are still very young. It most probably the main factor with your application.

Hey good luck.

Thanks for the advice but another question is how do i get hold of my local firearms officer

If you can download the application forms, there's no need to contact your local firearms office - unless of course you simply want to. Fill in the forms as required but just get your grandad (you don't say that Dad shoots so that may be the better option) to check that all is correct. A letter from him confirming where the gun(s) will be stored is good for two reasons: firstly, they'll be happy with that and, secondly, it indicates that you're more than likely that you'll be getting some experienced supervision.

Good luck.

how would you reply :blush:

Make sure you have the correct answer for " So how will you get hold of shells and a gun?" when its asked

Kent he is 14, so ease up......!!

If you are going to give advice don't sit there waving an answer the lad is not sure of...

He came here for help....so help instead of typing tosh....

TEH