Superb service from Sandwell Fieldsports....

Longchalk

Though I suspect I may be preaching to the converted on this forum, I'd like to recognise some really excellent advice and service I had today from the gang at Sandwell Field Sports.

I emailed them in the week about a problem I was having with my BSA Lightening, and Tony Wall himself called me back straight away to have a chat about my options. Having mulled it over and decided a fresh start was my best bet, I was happy to drive an hour up the M6 today to call into the shop at West Bromwich..... A cornucopia of all things shooting and fishing related as it turns out!

Though the shop was busy when I arrived, I was straight away shown a few different guns and talked thought the best set up for my requirements and budget. We eventually decided on a new moderated HW95 in .177 flavour, and a Hawke HK3032 4x12x40R scope. Next stop was the range upstairs to put a few pellets through it, and get some good novice's advice about mounting and holding the gun for best accuracy.

By the time we came back down the crush had thinned out a bit, so Tony stripped down my new gun, checked it over and oiled it, as he feels they are a bit light on lube straight out of the box. John then kindly offered to set up the scope for me before disappearing back upstairs to zero it at 18 yards, so I'd have a decent starting point to work outwards from when I got home.

While this was going on I got made a mug of coffee, offered biscuits and repeated dibs on the chocolates they were eating behind the counter.

I won't go into details but when it came to cashing up time there were also a couple of small items I needed chucked in for free.

I was there for getting on for an hour in all, and though I was only spending a few hundred quid I'm sure couldn't have been treated any better if I was buying a flashy £1,800 Daystate jobbie.

So my thanks to Tony, John, Trevor, and the lady whose name I didn't catch. I doubt there can be four more knowledgeable, helpful and enthusiastic air gun officianados anywhere under the same roof. I will certainly be going back next time I need something shooting related.

Edited by Longchalk

I wish Drapers was like that.

3 blokes work in there, The youngest one has a vacant look on his face all the time and acts awkward around you as if he has no idea why your in an airgun shop. The oldest bloke is the nice one and is keen to talk to you and help and i have no problems with him but i often don't get served by him.

The middle aged on of the three has a face like a bulldog sucking a wasp, is very rude and abrupt and very unhelpful and looks at you like you just peed in his coffee. However if you want to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds then he is you best mate but still treats you like a cretin regardless.

I pop in there fairly regularly for pellets (despite they are more expensive then everywhere ever) purely because they are convenient but every time i walk out I feel like they look at me in disgust because i haven't bought a £600 air rifle and only £20 of pellets

I wish Drapers was like that.

3 blokes work in there, The youngest one has a vacant look on his face all the time and acts awkward around you as if he has no idea why your in an airgun shop. The oldest bloke is the nice one and is keen to talk to you and help and i have no problems with him but i often don't get served by him.

The middle aged on of the three has a face like a bulldog sucking a wasp, is very rude and abrupt and very unhelpful and looks at you like you just peed in his coffee. However if you want to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds then he is you best mate but still treats you like a cretin regardless.

I pop in there fairly regularly for pellets (despite they are more expensive then everywhere ever) purely because they are convenient but every time i walk out I feel like they look at me in disgust because i haven't bought a £600 air rifle and only £20 of pellets

Ditto - no customer service or people skills at all , I just wont use them anymore

Though I suspect I may be preaching to the converted on this forum, I'd like to recognise some really excellent advice and service I had today from the gang at Sandwell Field Sports.

I emailed them in the week about a problem I was having with my BSA Lightening, and Tony Wall himself called me back straight away to have a chat about my options. Having mulled it over and decided a fresh start was my best bet, I was happy to drive an hour up the M6 today to call into the shop at West Bromwich..... A cornucopia of all things shooting and fishing related as it turns out!

Though the shop was busy when I arrived, I was straight away shown a few different guns and talked thought the best set up for my requirements and budget. We eventually decided on a new moderated HW95 in .177 flavour, and a Hawke HK3032 4x12x40R scope. Next stop was the range upstairs to put a few pellets through it, and get some good novice's advice about mounting and holding the gun for best accuracy.

By the time we came back down the crush had thinned out a bit, so Tony stripped down my new gun, checked it over and oiled it, as he feels they are a bit light on lube straight out of the box. John then kindly offered to set up the scope for me before disappearing back upstairs to zero it at 18 yards, so I'd have a decent starting point to work outwards from when I got home.

While this was going on I got made a mug of coffee, offered biscuits and repeated dibs on the chocolates they were eating behind the counter.

I won't go into details but when it came to cashing up time there were also a couple of small items I needed chucked in for free.

I was there for getting on for an hour in all, and though I was only spending a few hundred quid I'm sure couldn't have been treated any better if I was buying a flashy £1,800 Daystate jobbie.

So my thanks to Tony, John, Trevor, and the lady whose name I didn't catch. I doubt there can be four more knowledgeable, helpful and enthusiastic air gun officianados anywhere under the same roof. I will certainly be going back next time I need something shooting related.

Good people to deal with ..... My only regret .... The shop is not on the Wirral.