Essex Gun Masters

Mungler

I think the first course looked easier but was deceiving.

The second course seemed easier but was more deceiving.

Was a tricky layout but there are a good few more sight pictures for the library and I learned a lot about choke selection and carts.

Can't wait for the English and the British opens now :lol:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your kind words guys, it was a typical John Dyson layout, as Pin says, VERY deceptive, and so frustrating to miss so many birds that were relatively close to the end of the barrels.

As I've said before, I've never shot this one really well, a lot of very good shots struggled on this layout, but, hey ho, isn't that what it's all about..?? :blush: :blink:

That's why we shoot Sporting and not the very mechanical Skeet or DTL, it's such a challenge.

I shot today with a good friend who's made both the England Sporting and FITASC teams more times than I can count, and he only carded a 171, so that shows it was no gimme of a shoot.

I'm just so impressed how all of you relative "newbies" to the sport shot, i tried to hype it up a bit to get you all really keen, and I think it worked, because you all shot so well, so next year, I'm gonna have to watch my back, 'cos you're all going to be up it if you keep improving at this rate..!! :lol::angry::blush:

Cat.

Well done Cat 169, thats some shooting :blush:

You mention the deceptive easy looking dinner plates floating gently a few yards out, quite a few of us struggled with them :lol: I think it was stand 8 or 9 on the first course where Me, MC, Pin, & FG22 hit 1 of 16 between us :yes::angry: We were all looking for them above, below, infront, behind :blush:

FG22 who was the only one to hit one, had no idea how he managed it :blink:

SS

Does anyone know who won it?

I will find out and post later, some people were saying Diggy wasn't coming back for the shoot off, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have passed off the chance to go head to head with Faulds, no love lost between that pair..!! :lol:

Cat.

Well, they both did turn up for the shoot off over 30 birds, Faulds started well with 10 straight, Diggy hit 5 :lol: , next stand Faulds 8, Diggy straight 10, :yes: , final stand was the one on the afternoon layout below the entries tent, with a white low incomer and a long R/L crosser off the tower, (which I was pleased to straight on the round :blink: ), they moved the cage further UP the hill, and shot it as a simmo pair, :blush::blush: Faulds hit 3, Diggy hit 8, so Diggy won 23/21.

They're all off to the states today to shoot the World Sporting Championship in San Antonio, Texas, who wouldn't put money on Diggy winning that one..??

I believe the nearest score to their 193's was Martin Myers on 186, I think Scott Greenfield was then next on 181.

It shows how that pair are in a completely different league to us mere mortals..!! :angry:

Cat.

Well done to the pair of them, it is good that England can lead the world in at least one sport :lol:

Apart from their ability to shoot better than anyone else they must have the mental cabability to blot everything esle out of their minds in those shoot-offs, no easy feat.

Well done Cat 169, thats some shooting :blush:

You mention the deceptive easy looking dinner plates floating gently a few yards out, quite a few of us struggled with them :lol: I think it was stand 8 or 9 on the first course where Me, MC, Pin, & FG22 hit 1 of 16 between us :yes::angry: We were all looking for them above, below, infront, behind :blush:

FG22 who was the only one to hit one, had no idea how he managed it :blink:

SS

Thanks SS, clay shooting's a funny game, if that white clay had have been a Woodie floating over the deeks, I'd have killed it every time, no question about that, I find it so difficult to aim straight at clays, I'm always inclined to give them some lead, which that one didn't need. :yes:

Cat.

Essex Masters 2007 winning scores are up on their website for those that would like to know where people finished in the various classess.

Sad to say that none of the "Usual Suspects" featured (I say that but I don't know Catamongs real name and class)

SS :sly:

Yes, my poor performance to turn in a 169 would have won me the Ladies class, :blush: but since my sex change op I now have to shoot with the big boys..!! :lol:

Cat.