.17HMR ammo in Devon?

Hi folks, my FAC arrived on Thursday night!!!! :yahoo: I asked for a 22rf rifle, 22rf mod, 17hmr rifle, 17hmr mod. I thought this was reasonable seeing as this is my first FAC application; 5 years with shotgun though. I double checked the certificate after my girlfriend phoned me to say it had arrived (she's a keeper!!!) before ordering the rifle I really wanted, a kitted out CZ 455TH.

It turns out that there are only 3 items on my ticket, a 22rf rifle, 22 mod and a 17 mod. :no: I'm gutted!!! I've spoken to the Firearms and Explosive Licensing Department and I've been told that the .17hmr rifle is on my record but hasn't been printed. I was asked to send it back to be corrected and re-printed. I thought it would be a cheeky opportunity to ask for more ammo allowance at the same time; I was told as it was my first FAC and it can be hard to tell how many rounds you'll get through, she'll give me the max allowed on that calibre. (This makes me happier!)

Anyhow, my .17HMR is currently on its way to the local RFD and will be collected when my ticket arrives, AGAIN. It's got me thinking, I've been trying to look for .17hmr ammo online and have found very few places who say they sell it.

Does anyone have recommendations of where to buy .17hmr ammo in the South West, preferably near to Barnstaple would be awesome!

(Barnstaple, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth) <-Local places, closest to farthest.

Thanks for your help in advance guys and girls :good:

The gun shop in ilfracombe is rude . I asked him if he had and 223 secondhand while I was there on holiday . He just replied saying " yes"

I asked " well what you got" but he just ignored me and I had £700 in my wallet to spend.

I walked out .

I have a local shop to me that charges £10.50 a box in tamworth and regulary visit if you get stuck

John can be like that, nothing is advertised and with him if you don't ask you don't get.

Trouble is he gets a ridiculous amount of grockles through the door browsing through the shop and asking the most inane questions or telling the tallest tales so I think he tries to keep the fact that he's a RFD a little quiet and pushes the fishing tackle and bait more. In your case T T he lost out, it won't be the first or last time but he doesn't ever seem worried. He's always been good to me but I only really go there now when I'm in jam.

James on the other hand I can't praise enough, always helpful, fairly priced, will respond to haggling even opens out of hours if you're desperate, a really great shop to go too, just make sure your not in a rush because it's easy to loose track of time when you're in there.

Thanks for all of your replies folks. I've got to head down to Ladds when my lisence comes back to have my SG fixed so will have a mooch when I'm there. Good to know the shop in ilfracombe sells it, by far one of the closest places for me :) I bought both my SG's in there but didnt knew he did FAC stuff.

+1 for the amount of holiday makers he gets in there, it sure would do my head in telling parents to keep their kids under control during peak season.

Sportsman gun centre is a tad far, but it's a massive one apparently. Convenient to take the other half shopping in Exeter for the day too!!

Edited by boratsonator

Thanks for all of your replies folks. I've got to head down to Ladds when my lisence comes back to have my SG fixed so will have a mooch when I'm there. Good to know the shop in ilfracombe sells it, by far one of the closest places for me :) I bought both my SG's in there but didnt knew he did FAC stuff.

+1 for the amount of holiday makers he gets in there, it sure would do my head in telling parents to keep their kids under control during peak season.

Sportsman gun centre is a tad far, but it's a massive one apparently. Convenient to take the other half shopping in Exeter for the day too!!

Talking of having your SG fixed, just for info there's UK Gun Repairs near Wellington - highly regarded by many on here.