Am fancying a Defender

SNS

Well, after weeks of Internet surfing, magazine reading and some hopeless customer service from a couple of places, this morning all my budget plans went out of the window and I've bought a 3 month old 110 XS ex-demo with black pack and every other needless extra I could think of.

I'm picking it up next Saturday. And taking it shooting on the Monday.

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to me !!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a 90 TD for my first motor, stuck a 200tdi In it shortly afterward.

All my memories of it are spending every waking moment fixing the blasted thing or been stranded somewhere when something broke.

Used to go like stink (for a landy) after some fettling and a bigger intercooler-bigger turbo-wastegate jammed shut and fuelled up to the tits!Plumes of black smoke!

Had a 200tdi disco after that, again everything broke but bloody hell they were fun.

Enjoy em but be prepared for a lot of spannering!

Had a 90 TD for my first motor, stuck a 200tdi In it shortly afterward.

All my memories of it are spending every waking moment fixing the blasted thing or been stranded somewhere when something broke.

Used to go like stink (for a landy) after some fettling and a bigger intercooler-bigger turbo-wastegate jammed shut and fuelled up to the tits!Plumes of black smoke!

Had a 200tdi disco after that, again everything broke but bloody hell they were fun.

Enjoy em but be prepared for a lot of spannering!

That's just down to a poor motor/conversion, a well looked after defender is no less reliable than any other 4x4 used for the same purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go - pics attached, though had to take from my Iphone and then resize so not great quality. Unlike the car, which is of course amazing !

My plan to only insure it for 5,000 miles a year may not work - I cant stop driving it

post-57415-0-53979700-1419261337_thumb.jpg

post-57415-0-81306500-1419261350_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's just down to a poor motor/conversion, a well looked after defender is no less reliable than any other 4x4 used for the same purpose.

Wasn't the motor that caused bother, never had a moments trouble with the 200tdi. Unbelievably strong motor. Just everything else that broke.