Grey Lag FUD - Anyone used them?

Highlandladdie

I use a mixture including both FUDs and Sillosocks.

FUDs are useless on water so i cut the keels off and just have a spike which saves a fair bit on weight - they pack down neatly and look pretty realistic.

Sillosocks are very light obviously and gives so nice movement in a bit of wind. I like them less on still day. They can be bought quite cost effectively in pack from the US also as they are light and come flat packed.

As long as your geese aren't super educated you should do fine with either of them

if it's cheap decoys your after make some silhouettes out of corrugated plastic the stuff thats used for house sale signs or ply board ,you can paint them grey and white and use fence wire to make stakes to support them ( maybe two with the winds where you come from ) what shall we call those wonderful white terriers ? it don't sound the same lol

Flocked to I believe.

I recently bought a dozen flocked A1 canadas off a forum user. They'll do the job fine, so I see no reason the greylag ones won't.

A, 1, decoys on Ebay do light stackable greylag at about £10 each, I have 5 and they seem fine, use on the stand or just on the ground if to windy