Dog theft

spanielchris

Why don't the police just search every vehicle going over to Ireland then?, the dog theft racket would crumble over night. Or have the dog stealing vermin got their sophisticated heads together and bought a submarine to take the hundreds of dogs over to the emerald isle?. These guys don't even tax their vans !!!!!. They then take them to the country that is probably the cheapest country in Europe to buy a working dog?????. It don't cut much ice does it?

I am not the only one who knows about the wide spread stolen dogs that end up in Ireland.and others have mentioned it on this tread I have just shared my friends bad experience with it but you don't seam to like that either.

The whole point to all of this is that dogs are being stolen it's no good at all and it's raising awareness about the very sad subject end of.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scum that steal dogs DO NOT go round marking gates etc for someone to come back. That is a facebook myth. Make it has difficult as possible to get to your dogs and hope and pray.the scum bags don't come around.

Houses do get marked with tell tales by criminals to let their mates know which ones to target but I've not heard of it in relation to dog thefts. It's usually to target elderly or vulnerable householders for burglary offences.

This is not a Facebook myth as I caught 3 travellers in a house robbing the vulnerable occupant and the gate was marked.

They went to prison.

Harry

Thinking of having ours tattooed. Microchips can be removed. Tattoos are a bit more difficult to erase.

Re think. >> Two dogs were taken from a kennel in the shoot yard in broad daylight next to a keepers accommodation ( I have posted about this in the past) One has never been found and the other was found wandering about on a street. The dog had been tattooed in the ear and the scum had tried to remove it by burning it out with a flame IE a cigarette lighter. I didn’t see the damage to the dog’s ear but the lads on the shoot said that it was pretty bad. The only way to stop this is to keep the dog inside where it is not there to be just taken away. Another is not to just leave dogs out in the garden. If you were driving along and saw a target out in a garden how long would it take to pull up and snatch a dog? Some might bark but most will come to hand. Even if you saw someone make off with your dog, how long would it take to get out in a car and give chase and how far would they get before you caught up with them? Even if you caught up with them they probably wouldn’t stop until they were in the encampment. Are the plod going to go into said encampment to get a dog back allegedly stolen. NAH forget it. Even if they did go in and did find said dog the scum being questioned would either say that it was a stray, or that they had bought it from a bloke in the pub and prove it was yours.

Avoid this by not leaving valuable animals where they can be got away with by scum on float in the vicinity. You wouldn’t leave the car doors open and the keys in the ignition. >> Would you?

PS. I remember from some year’s ago that floating scum loaded up a ride on lawn mower into a van in the front yard of a hire company in Ashford in broad daylight. A woman employee saw this and called the manager. The scum were just pulling out of the yard. He rushed into his office and got his car keys and gave chase immediately but by the time he got out into traffic they were gone. He drove all around the town but couldn’t find them. Meanwhile plod was called and given the vehicle details. A patrol car up on the M25 / camera system located the vehicle and van was pulled over. 4 blokes legged it over embankment. Two were captured two got away. The scum said that the van was the other 2 blokes and they were just getting a hitch lift. What was in the back was nothing to do with them. The van was taken to somewhere in Surrey and the machine was kept for months as evidence. The van had been stolen from somewhere. No charges were brought through insufficient evidence. Scum had disappeared anyway.

Stolen dog >> Very little chance.

Yes i know but everyone else will be in the pub,it's not dramatic mate i have a soft top Jimny so it would be easy,i know what your saying about the pack lunch thou :yes:

She is working on the Crown Shot this Saturday so i not that bothered going to take me Grandad clay Shooting it's his birthday.

ATB

Neil

You can put her in the back with mine when we go to the pub. They will be the canine version of "hinge and bracket :lol:

Yes i know but everyone else will be in the pub,it's not dramatic mate i have a soft top Jimny so it would be easy,i know what your saying about the pack lunch thou :yes:

Is there no way you could get the bar maid to come out to the car to serve you? It's an open top vehicle. I have found most of the bar maids these days only too willing to oblige and go well out of their way to keep a customer happy. Where there is a will there is a way.Try and get the space in the car park of the pup that is nearest to the window, that way you can watch the football as well while you eat you dinner and down a pint?

Edited by Rupert10

You can put her in the back with mine when we go to the pub. They will be the canine version of "hinge and bracket :lol:

Ha ha thanks

But it wasn't the Crown Shoot i was talking about thou,but it is very kind of you :good::good:

The amount of gundogs going missing/stolen in my area is really getting a bit worrying! It's all I see on social media site at the moment!

The thing I don't understand is well hell are they all going? Am I being stupid but surely selling/buying a gundog you would check where it's come from/ why you sell it etc? ???

Unfortunately a fool and his money are easy parted and I suspect some just don't care

• 2 months later...

Be aware of Dog thieves in essex , i believe i was targeted for my dogs to be stolen from me whilst walking them in hornchurch essex on thursday just gone .

The men had thick Irish accents driving a white ford transit on hire reg : DV61 XDW they have also spotted my home .

they was in the area 6 months ago ...obviously back in the area ....if this helps one of you from getting your dogs stolen by this scum ill be a happy man.

Bob

I found out from my freinds wife who is a police officer and informed me to keep my eye on my spaniel when hes out running around the garden and camp site

How do they know these "carcasses" were all stolen dogs?. How do they know these "stolen carcasses" have been in a pit or ring?? . Another facebook rumour that doesn't make sense on any level. Edited by cocker boy

For 1 its not a face book myth i told you i had it first hand from an officer read the reply properly

The dead dogs were found with broken bottom jaws and covered in bite marks and tears all over them from other dogs

And 2 of the spaniels and 1 of the labradors had micro chips in them which were reported stolen before you get on your high horse and rip someones report apart