adjusting a multi choke

Daveo26

Stop me if this is a stupid question............

Iv got cyl, 1/2, 3/4 and full chokes that came with my lincoln no.2 shotgun.

the only one thats really any use is 1/2.

my brother is an engineer and has access to an engineering shop, where he works.

Would it be possible for him to open the full choke out to 1/4?

He said hed measure the cylinder and 1/2 chokes and machine the full one to half way between the two.

I know it can be done on fixed choke guns, is it dangerous, dodgy to try?

Itll have more meat than the cylinder choke has?

I could buy a new choke i think mandel do them but ill never use full and it would be free to have it altered

any thoughts

Buy a new one matey or ask on here for a used one you must be able to pick one up for 20 quid or so, at a guess I would suggest pro made choke tubes are set in a block jig that would allow the tube to be screwed into a larger block which is then inserted into a chuck, otherwise you stand the risk of damaging the tube, I have no doubt it can be done but why bother for £20

You may find a buyer on here for yours maybe even a swap , it will cost more in time Than buying a used one

Edited by sishyplops

Because I want 1/4 and 1/2, and I'll never change them,

I don't think a good engineer will have any problems achieving it with the correct machinery. But it does seem it would be easier to buy another. Then you haven't burned your bridges so to speak and will have that choke if needed in the future.

I would go with buying another choke and keep everything original. I would be suprised if your Lincoln will be your 'for ever' gun and when you come to do a part chop for another gun, you know, the one that never misses, you may well have devalued it quite a bit. Any additional chokes can always be sold seperately from the gun, should you decide to part with it. If it your intention to keep the gun then consider a couple of extended after sale chokes, which may well pattern better than your originals anyway. I have no immediate plans to part with my current Miroku, BUT, if I did, by removal of a recoil pad and the old one replaced, the gun would be back to original and a set of extended Briley's would appear for sale on here.