£2k to spend. what on.

digger

Possibly the best car I've ever driven or abused, same with the GS300 wonderful cars

Yup they are truly superb,I've never been in a better vehicle

A grand will get you the vvti model, they do 30mpg, you've save a grand, you can keep it for another 5 years then drop the engine and box into that Viva or Riva you should already own and probably still scrap the shell for £200

:)

Another for .... I've got a Mondeo, a 2005 Mk3 ST diesel, a much better car than the mk2, it's been brilliant and I'll be loathed to let it go. Ford do some cheap servicing (£130/ 190) with free breakdown cover. Sensible parts prices as well. The handling is great and it's well specced for a car of that age; rear sensors, auto lights, auto wipers, heated seats etc. I remember on Top Gear when they took the equivalent engined mondeo/ bmw/ merc of that era etc and the mondeo was faster round the track by 2 seconds. This was put down to the chassis and was used on the Jaguar X Type. For some fun and and if not worried about the mpg get the petrol one (ST220) , it will be cheaper, facelifted in 2005. They look pretty good, low slung, thin tyres, deep spoiler, subtle skirts but are not gaudy at all. There're one or two things go wrong with them as with all cars and some useful forums such as Talkford to guide you. The ST models carry a premium so I'd also look at well specced different engined Mondeos to get more for your money. There will be other cars that match your needs but this could be a contender.

Something like THIS

69k, full history, 7.5 sec 0-60, £2k. There're one or two to £2.5k on Autotrader.

Edited by yod dropper