new gun undecided

Ryan gun

been to look for a new gun today and picked three that fit very well but undecided on the best one.

the first is a 725 sporting multi choke 30inch

the second a beretta 692 sporting extended chokes

the third was a beretta 690 grade 3

all very different guns that fit well and felt good but which one is best and is the 692 worth the exta 1000 quid.

Edited by Ryan gun

The 692 is about £400 more than the 690 sporting. Personally I can't see any sense in the 690 sporter. It's exactly the same gun as a Prevail I only you pay £700 more for which you get a small wood upgrade and it has flush chokes instead of the Prevail's extended ones.

The 725 is gaining a reputation as a marmite gun because people either get on with it really well or really poorly. I think it's the best Browning O/U for at least 40 years but personally I prefer Italian guns.

Quality wise there's not much in it and only you can decide which feels best to you and then whether or not that one is worth it to you.

I thought the 690 was the game version of the 692?

For that money don't discount the Caesar Gurrini's

Gaining in popularity and a very nice gun

Also look at the Browning Ultra XS Prestige,

:shaun:[/quoq

Yes the 690 is the game version

The 690 III Sporting is in the shops right now. Beretta and GMK seem to have decided to keep it a secret. Have a look:http://www.brierleyguns.com/guns/gun_detail.php?ID=160

edit. Yes I agree with the comment on Guerinis. Worth a look, definitely.

Edited by Westward

" The 725 is gaining a reputation as a marmite gun because people either get on with it really well or really poorly. I think it's the best Browning O/U for at least 40 years but personally I prefer Italian guns.

"

It certainly seems that way. I used to shoot exclusively a Browning Cynergy Sporter 20bore. Then bought a B725 12 bore and my shooting fell off a cliff and. I wondered if I had done the right thing almost to the point of deciding to part with the 725 but I persevered and am now able to shoot better with it than I was with the 20. Both fit me really well but the one thing I noticed was the huge difference in barrel pitch between the two. Something to watch out for when trying and deciding between a choice of guns.

But I still love the 20!

Edited by spot.ontheroad

Had both a 725 and 692.

Shot both reasonably well (for me at least)

Let's just say I'm very very happy with my 692.

To me the price difference was well worth it, both in build quality and shootability.

The 725 and 692 to me feel completely different. 32'' 725 was steady swinging and a touch muzzle heavy where the 692 is a lot faster handling and quite muzzle light. Again just my thoughts.

You'd be best trying a few demo guns before you part with serious wonga.

Ha Ha daf yes I do, and the new forend of course

I never appreciated how a professional gun fit could transform your shooting , compared to a off the shelf gun , what you think fits you :)

Thanks for all your help regarding this

Glad it helped and now you've got a nice auto to hold up the cabinet that you shoot well with.