DSC1

RobC1990

I did the course for reasons of the way the firearms laws are changing, also there were a couple of questions I was sure of but they were reinforced in the course.

I shot the whole test of my sticks as that is what I use 99% of the time...

A friend who came with me had not done an exam since school and he is 63...he got through with a bit of huffing and puffing lol...

From a personal point of view it is far better to have some miles under you belt as any " test" satiation will bring some stress...

I like exams/tests as I spent years as a dive instructor and you just had to do them as you moved up the ladder....

Go do it and enjoy the 2/3 days...however put the time in with all the disciplines!! including the shooting..........

TEH

I did assessment only.

If you have FAC and a CF rifle you should pass the shooting test without any difficulty.

The questions come from a bank of 300 (from memory) and they are multiple choice, there is an interactive CD you can get where you can run through all of the 300 questions. It doesn't take long and you soon learn the answers to the ones you get wrong.

Personally I wouldn't advocate a 2 or 3 day course, it isn't difficult enough to warrant the expenditure and it is easy enough to swat up for on your own. It is interesting, a good starting point and a useful qualification to have, but it's no substitute for experience and time in the field.

Personally I wouldn't advocate a 2 or 3 day course, it isn't difficult enough to warrant the expenditure and it is easy enough to swat up for on your own. It is interesting, a good starting point and a useful qualification to have, but it's no substitute for experience and time in the field.

+1 :good: