drink driving

duncan

Here we go again

????

IMO anyone caught drink driving and/or using a mobile phone should be banned for a minimum of 3 years,

for each unit over the drink driving limit it should be a further 2 years, but 12 times over then the clown should be banned for life,

just my thoughts

atb Evo

Interesting isn't it the drink drive limit (UK) is based on alcohol in the body, not its effect on the suspect. We may laugh at the US "sobriety tests" however depending on a number of physical factors, you can have differing levels of alcohol which effect people very differently.

There is evidence that heavy cold can have more effect on reaction times than an illegal amount of alcohol. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2582940/Driving-cold-bad-drunk-snorer-having-bad-make-menace-wheel.html

HEAVY COLDS CAN HALVE CONCENTRATION

Our concentration when driving with a bad cold or flu drops by more than 50 per cent according to research from Cardiff University’s Common Cold Centre.

This is the equivalent of downing more than four double whiskies.

Car safety experts found reaction times dropped sharply and sudden braking became much more frequent as motorists with bad colds were less aware of surrounding traffic.

Regardless of how much the tit drank he should be banned for life,no excuses.Anybody who has been convicted for drink driving should never be allowed to get behind the wheel ever again regardless of the lame excuses for doing so.

Tell me about it. The **** who killed my 14 year old son and his friend was 3 times over the limit, and had just had another 'fine' for driving whilst disqualified for the fourth time. Thankfully, the **** died at the scene, as did my son's friend. My son fought for his life for almost two days then lost the battle. 11 years tomorrow I lost him.

Banning people like that does not stop them driving. Banging them up for a long prison sentence keeps them off the roads for as long as they remain in prison. If he had been sent to prison for just a few weeks, my son and his friend would be here today, and I would not be taking flowers up the cemetery tomorrow morning!

Edit. My apologies for 'sounding off'. As you can imagine, its still very raw in my mind, even after 11 years.

agree Steve,locking them up should stop them from driving on our roads and also their driving ban should commence once they get out, if caught again they should serve double the sentence

but we have to be honest there are some idiots out there who will never stop drink driving,,sad but true

thoughts are with you and your family for 2moro mate

atb Evo

Edited by evo

agree Steve,locking them up should stop them from driving on our roads and also their driving ban should commence once they get out, if caught again they should serve double the sentence

but we have to be honest there are some idiots out there who will never stop drink driving,,sad but true

thoughts are with you and your family for 2moro mate

atb Evo

I agree. The scum (and that's putting it mildly) who killed my son, had been banned for the 4th time, as I mentioned. He died at the scene, too quickly as far as I am concerned, and his blood/alcohol level was checked after he died. Only three weeks before, did he get a fine for driving whilst disqualified.

Thanks mate. :good:

Sorry to hear about your son and his friend Steve.

Thank You.

Anyone who causes a death by DD should be at the very least jailed for manslaughter .

Steve it must have been awful to lose your son in such a manner and I am sure it has left a scar that will never heal , I lost a very good friend to a DD about 25 years ago.

My thoughts are with you for tomorrow.

I agree. The scum (and that's putting it mildly) who killed my son, had been banned for the 4th time, as I mentioned. He died at the scene, too quickly as far as I am concerned, and his blood/alcohol level was checked after he died. Only three weeks before, did he get a fine for driving whilst disqualified.

Thanks mate. :good:

Thank You.

I can understand your sadness and frustration. I was in a fatal crashed. Three people died, I was the only one to survive. I was on the driver's seat, stopped at the traffic lights. A disqualified serial drunk driver pushed us in the way of an eighteen wheeler. He was arrested and jailed for five years. Out in three. Back behind the wheel drunk, caused another two deaths, including his.

In the case where a drunk driver kills then it should be murder ,no manslaughter or any get out clause,murder fact. You get in ca car and drive knowing too well that it's illegal but you do it so let the punishment fit the crime.I also lost a friend to a drunk driver,he had just proposed to his girlfriend that same night and was walking home looking forward to the future but a DD mounted the pavement and killed him but continued to drive for about 2 miles with my mates body through the front screen before he parked up and walked home.it was noted in the coroners report they he Was probably still alive when he was left

Tell me about it. The **** who killed my 14 year old son and his friend was 3 times over the limit, and had just had another 'fine' for driving whilst disqualified for the fourth time. Thankfully, the **** died at the scene, as did my son's friend. My son fought for his life for almost two days then lost the battle. 11 years tomorrow I lost him.

Banning people like that does not stop them driving. Banging them up for a long prison sentence keeps them off the roads for as long as they remain in prison. If he had been sent to prison for just a few weeks, my son and his friend would be here today, and I would not be taking flowers up the cemetery tomorrow morning!

Edit. My apologies for 'sounding off'. As you can imagine, its still very raw in my mind, even after 11 years.

I feel for you Steve .

Harnser