Pump action

Crumpler1991

I recently got a Mossberg 500 for less than your budget. Only problem is you have to search hard for spares, plenty in US but getting them to UK can be a challenge. However they are quite reliable I think I was unlucky with mind but its working fine now. My all in costs - gun plus spares is about £200 so only time will tell if it was a good buy or not. I have no knowledge of Hatsan or Revo so cannot comment, other than that in the 70's I had a Remington 870 which was a good gun but don't know if you would get one for your budget.

Got a mossi 500, works every time, synthetic stock, rain not a big issue, love it! Midway UK sells parts (not cheap and sometimes slow due item is coming from US). You can't go wrong with it. Got a Hatsan (semi auto) too.My friend got a Revo pump. So I know them a little. My choice would be a Mossi, than the Revo, than the Hatsan. Based on quality.

Would love a BPS but as someone else said, hard to find in the UK.

That is very true. Once asked on the Browning stand why they don't sell it in this country and was told that HQ said no. That was probably the polite version of "You are the 500th person I've told today, there is no demand for it" :)

It is still a very nice brilliantly designed bit of kit though.

David.

That is very true. Once asked on the Browning stand why they don't sell it in this country and was told that HQ said no. That was probably the polite version of "You are the 500th person I've told today, there is no demand for it" :)

It is still a very nice brilliantly designed bit of kit though.

David.

I can never understand why people think that it is better to have used carts shooting out of the side of the gun and hitting anyone standing there when you can have them just drop out of the bottom hitting no one still what do I know.

I have just purchased a winchester sxp waterfowl camo pump. Although turkish made, very nice gun has a lovely ssmooth action. Only thing I found different from my other pump was, when you fire it slides the action back and ejects the cartridge and all you have to do is push the action forward to fire next round.

I have just purchased a winchester sxp waterfowl camo pump. Although turkish made, very nice gun has a lovely ssmooth action. Only thing I found different from my other pump was, when you fire it slides the action back and ejects the cartridge and all you have to do is push the action forward to fire next round.

This has been a unique attribute of Winchester slide action shotguns for decades and very under appreciated!

U.

I can never understand why people think that it is better to have used carts shooting out of the side of the gun and hitting anyone standing there when you can have them just drop out of the bottom hitting no one still what do I know.

Well it is better in all respects to have the empties going down, however its probably easier to make and time an action that throws shells out the side and lifts new ones up from the bottom. The only problem I'm found with Ithaca and Browning bottom ejectors is that if you do get a jam they are more difficult to clear.

I've had a Winchester sxp black shadow for a while as well and it's great. I don't find the sliding action that great as I normally hold the gun too tight for it to slide back on its own!

Put some 3" magnum 50G BB's through it for fun and it didn't miss a beat!

At £350 with a free 100 bird shoot at treetops clay ground you can't go wrong!