2 magnets at once

deadshot123

When I am shooting with someone else two magnets are often employed but not on drillings. They are placed opposite each hide which may be 50m apart and the pattern is arranged to Chanel birds between the rotaries giving both shooters a chance at incoming birds.

In the summer in an area that is fairly heavily shot, I found the birds didn't like something about my pattern and I suspected it was the whirler. So I put two right next two each other, just far enough apart so the birds didn't collide, and found that far more birds seemed to come in. I thought it would look different enough from the usual two birds chasing each other round to persuade them it was nothing suspicious.

Appreciate it could be coincidence, and that plenty of people never experience 'magnet shy' pigeons, but that was my experience at the time. Worked several times.

The extra weight is slightly irritating.

I have had some excellent results using two magnets together.

Ditto that comment, the more movement there is, the more likely the birds are to commit.

The only downside to using 2 magnets is the weight issue, not too bad if you can drive to the hide position, but on most of the fields I shoot, the best spot is usually the furthest point away from your car..!

Cat.

Had good days with two magnets and yes, only if I can drive to the spot! Mine go out slightly to the left or right depending on the wind and as fast as possible and decoys set, still with a killing area. Makes for great fun and keeps you sharp. That said, vast majority of shooting done without any at all.

Shot my biggest bag ever using 2 magnets. Had them about 20 metres apart in front of me with decoys out to the sides and a flapper in the middle.

Has to be said I could drive to where I was setting up. The other problem is the amount of batteries you have to keep charging up, especially if using a flapper as well.

In the summer in an area that is fairly heavily shot, I found the birds didn't like something about my pattern and I suspected it was the whirler. So I put two right next two each other, just far enough apart so the birds didn't collide, and found that far more birds seemed to come in. I thought it would look different enough from the usual two birds chasing each other round to persuade them it was nothing suspicious.

Appreciate it could be coincidence, and that plenty of people never experience 'magnet shy' pigeons, but that was my experience at the time. Worked several times.

The extra weight is slightly irritating.

Kdubya and myself used to do this a few years ago before we started to use floaters we would put 2 magnets out right close to each other it seemed to work OK... :good: