Help steel & itm load data

v-max

Hi I am a rifle reloader for 18 years etc but a good few years ago I bought some shotgun reloading gear. My brother bought second hand gear too we have lee load all 2 & a pacific etc. we got loads of lead shot odds & **** etc & I have loaded a few lead stuff which seem to work. I used to live at Montrose & do a lot of fowling on the basin. I got 10kg of 3.5mm steel & acquired 6kg of itm from a pal so I am looking for loads recommendations for 3" steel loads & if I can 2.3/4" itm loads. Or what any experienced loaders would load with what I have our guns are only 3" autos so 3" steel loads max would be happy with 36g etc in the itm or up to 42g what ever you recon best. I got 3" steel loads from a visitor at the basin one year doing the fast velocity etc & they were good but I am no longer in the area & never kept in touch. I have done a search but not getting what I am after etc I have AO & maxam csb 0 powder. I have wads in the shed but will look to see what they are sure it said 32g steel or 42g of lead etc. I'm just looking for primer/wad etc & if my powder is ok loads if not what powder to get please as I wish to load stuff up.

Hi just looked the wads are 12ga helarco vp60 I had this stuff brought up for me from a lads friend new that was coming up to shoot basin years ago. I told them I needed wads primers steel shot etc for loads in 36-38 of steel in 3" loads. It turned out the only right thing I got was the 10kg of steel shot but hey ho it's done now.

go on clay and game reloading Web site look on the top tab, you can buy the load data for a £1 they have plenty in itm and steel, it's a good start for you and they will email it straight through, lucky you on the itm you are hard to find the stuff now .

Hi cheers for that that's where the stuff came from & I did have a data sheet from them but it got damp & just colours on paper now. What would you load the itm in ie 2.3/4" & what load for 3.5mm of shot would 38g-42g be what I'm looking for ?

csbo powder and your ao powder will be ok for the itm loads I'm pretty sure they is data for both powders in 12b,have a look at the 3 inch data and don't load heavy as I wouldn't waste the shot, 42g is a nice payload in 3 inch.

Ok cheers I don't want to waste it so would be happy with 40g-42g in the itm but can I do it in a 2-3/4" case or is 3" better for it ?