Hudl2 ?

Nial

Has anyone on here got a Hudl2, if you do what's your opinion on it?

Eg, from picking it up how quickly can you get google up?

We've got plenty of Tesco vouchers so can get one for ~£65.

I'd spend the money on something better if it's needed but the reviews are generally very good.

Thanks for any feedback,

Nial

Had mine about 3 weeks, very impressed with it, would have been even more so if I could have picked it up for £65.

No problems at all

How quick to get Google up and running - how quick can you open the packaging and connect to wifi, Probably more like 10 minutes if you want to register, personalise and sync all your details from other devices.

Roger

my 6yr old has had his hudl1 nearly a year,,,,its been a great electronic child minder when needed....only fault is the charging port can get slack and the plug not stay in very well,,not sure if they've improved it on the hudl2 but theres lots of talk about the fault on the internet....

> Had mine about 3 weeks, very impressed with it, would have been even more so if I could have picked it up for £65.

>No problems at all

Thanks Roger, sounds like it's a goer then.

> How quick to get Google up and running - how quick can you open the packaging and connect to wifi, Probably more

> like 10 minutes if you want to register, personalise and sync all your details from other devices.

I meant more where it's sitting there and you wonder what's happening on Pigeonwatch. How quickly can you get on line?

Or of you want to watch the latest Huntersvermin video on Youtube.

I have a blackberry playbook which is great for playing videos etc but the browser is cr4p, from picking it up it can be 30

seconds before you're on-line (specially if you have to turn the wi-fi on, again). We have an old ipad2 which is _much_

slicker, bang and you're there.

> my 6yr old has had his hudl1 nearly a year,,,,its been a great electronic child minder when needed....only fault is the charging port can

> get slack and the plug not stay in very well,,not sure if they've improved it on the hudl2 but theres lots of talk about the fault on the internet....

I think they reckon the new charging port is more robust (I can't remember the details).

Thanks all for the feedback,

Nial.

> Had a play with one in Tesco the other day

Are you sure it was a '2'?

For some odd reason our local tesco only has the original Hudl wired up with power. There are '2's about but they're not plugged in.

> otherwise buy a Nexus 7 its in a different league

...and off the market since the 9 was released, and that's > £300.

Nial

No problem at all connecting - tap and you're there.

Roger

Great, thanks again Roger, it's a goer!

Not available for home delivery and none of our local stores have any, they're clearing their stocks.

:-(

Aye, it's for my daughter for her b'day just after Christmas.

One downside seems to be that the battery life isn't great, although I've got our two girls one of these each .....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L4BI2BI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

...as stocking fillers as they never charge their chuffing mobiles, so this should also extend the hudl2 battery time

if that is a problem on longer journeys etc.

If it turns out any good I might get myself one.

I'll report back.