Hygiene in the hide.

camojohn

I just wondered what others tend to do about hygiene when they are eating/drinking or before setting off home.

I tend to carry a pack of baby wipes and use then to clean my hands after handling any birds. When it comes to eating sandwiches I might use 2 or 3 wipes, and even then I use the bag to hold food with. I reuse the old wipes later to wipe the blood off the flapper and floaters when I pack up. In the summer when I don't want my coffee flask out with me, I tend to get a mean deal in Tesco.

A pasta mean + coke + crisps for £3. That way I can eat my lunch without touching the food and keep the crisps as a snack when I get home.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bloke so don't suffer from any of those problems. Actually, I do occasionally wipe my hands on my trousers and they get washed at least once a year.

nature gave us all an immune system, it is my intention to use it to the full extent. I would never use a wipe before eating my sarnies, and strangely enough I am hardly ever ill, probably one cold, and flu bug every year. But then I do not take medicine either, no painkillers, no antibiotics, no creams or antiseptic, not even a plaster.

Works for me!!

nature gave us all an immune system, it is my intention to use it to the full extent. I would never use a wipe before eating my sarnies, and strangely enough I am hardly ever ill, probably one cold, and flu bug every year. But then I do not take medicine either, no painkillers, no antibiotics, no creams or antiseptic, not even a plaster.

Works for me!!

+1 :good:

I just wondered what others tend to do about hygiene when they are eating/drinking or before setting off home.

I tend to carry a pack of baby wipes and use then to clean my hands after handling any birds. When it comes to eating sandwiches I might use 2 or 3 wipes, and even then I use the bag to hold food with. I reuse the old wipes later to wipe the blood off the flapper and floaters when I pack up. In the summer when I don't want my coffee flask out with me, I tend to get a mean deal in Tesco.

A pasta mean + coke + crisps for £3. That way I can eat my lunch without touching the food and keep the crisps as a snack when I get home.

Must admit I'm similar, rarely have wipes in the car but will hold the sandwiches with the wrapping :lol: and clean the steering wheel when home otherwise feel guilty if others have to touch it.

I'm a bloke so don't suffer from any of those problems. Actually, I do occasionally wipe my hands on my trousers and they get washed at least once a year.

+1 Rural building trade for umpteen years with no washing facilities, handling month old salt lobster bait and hands dipped in sea water briefly I must have encountered and swallowed a trillion things not good for me in the past. No doubt will come to grief some day with being so casual.

Blackpowder