Hygiene in the hide.

camojohn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wondered what others tend to do about hygiene when they are eating/drinking or before setting off home.

I tend to carry a pack of baby wipes and use then to clean my hands after handling any birds. When it comes to eating sandwiches I might use 2 or 3 wipes, and even then I use the bag to hold food with. I reuse the old wipes later to wipe the blood off the flapper and floaters when I pack up. In the summer when I don't want my coffee flask out with me, I tend to get a mean deal in Tesco.

A pasta mean + coke + crisps for £3. That way I can eat my lunch without touching the food and keep the crisps as a snack when I get home.

A good test of the sit command with the dog is when you have to drop your strides while looking around for any decent sized leaves in reach....

Then hope your training works....

Regards the hide hygiene.....none of the above....

TEH

when we were training "crows" in brecon........they were all on "K" rations....which were well known for "bunging" one up...................FOR 3 DAYS...what a kerfuffle on the 4th day

lots of heaving and grunting....and a full toilet block.......perhaps pigeon shooters should have the same food... :sly:

when we were training "crows" in brecon........they were all on "K" rations....which were well known for "bunging" one up...................FOR 3 DAYS...what a kerfuffle on the 4th day

lots of heaving and grunting....and a full toilet block.......perhaps pigeon shooters should have the same food... :sly:

That's cause there to soft now a day

The problem with decoying is that it`s not a very hygienic hobby full stop.When I first started the blood,feathers etc used to make me wonder could you catch anything,but after a while you just get on with it.If you get blood,feathers,guts on your hands I find soil cleans it off good enough.I think it all boils down to how worried you are about bacteria,germs etc,some people are and some aint.I used to wash my decoying clothing after every outing,now I don`t bother too much as there`s no point, you`re only going to get plastered again.

Edited by maxie

The problem with decoying is that it`s not a very hygienic hobby full stop.When I first started the blood,feathers etc used to make me wonder could you catch anything,but after a while you just get on with it.If you get blood,feathers,guts on your hands I find soil cleans it off good enough.I think it all boils down to how worried you are about bacteria,germs etc,some people are and some aint.I used to wash my decoying clothing after every outing,now I don`t bother too much as there`s no point, you`re only going to get plastered again.

there you are...................a proper man.......................tooo many cissies about ...at least there are a few sensible ones left.. :good:

For my sins I've suffered with "K" Ration Sickness in the past.