Hygiene in the hide.

camojohn

Ask PC what he does concerning hygiene in the hide. He frequently has to rush off to do what bears do.

As your all interested in my toilet habits, remember to remove trousers, squat, clean with paper from side pocket. Cover deposit with twigs, find water or wet grass, wipe hands on hide and resume shooting. As I've stated before I do not eat when I'm out shooting now you know why.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought about one of these for when its raining, does two jobs

I've got one! A couple of years ago I had it set in the corner of a wood under some trees, in full sun it was baking!

I needed a wazz but instead of getting out and scaring the birds I just unloaded in the corner. Big mistake! A 45c urine sauna!

I just wondered what others tend to do about hygiene when they are eating/drinking or before setting off home.

I tend to carry a pack of baby wipes and use then to clean my hands after handling any birds. When it comes to eating sandwiches I might use 2 or 3 wipes, and even then I use the bag to hold food with. I reuse the old wipes later to wipe the blood off the flapper and floaters when I pack up. In the summer when I don't want my coffee flask out with me, I tend to get a mean deal in Tesco.

A pasta mean + coke + crisps for £3. That way I can eat my lunch without touching the food and keep the crisps as a snack when I get home.

When ever I am handling birds I tend to get a hotel room, I tend to push the boat out and use room service as well :)

Kindest regards

Very sensible to keep your hands nice and clean while out shooting , that's why I frequently wipe mine on the dogs coat :good:

Hygene ? stoping at tesco? wipes? No wonder the country is in a bit of a pickle. It must be a wind up.

And the dog is quite good at keping your legs warm when it is cold in the hide

As your all interested in my toilet habits, remember to remove trousers, squat, clean with paper from side pocket. Cover deposit with twigs, find water or wet grass, wipe hands on hide and resume shooting. As I've stated before I do not eat when I'm out shooting now you know why.

But to be fair your always to busy shooting pigeons and haven't got time to eat,we on the other had have time to get three full courses in before our next bird even thinks of coming into the pattern.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Most of us Cotswold crew have our man set up a fully dressed trestle table with doilies (for the Officers, ordinary beer mats for the men), and serve tea and cucumber sandwiches at four PM sharp. After that if the need arises we do number ones, twos as necessary, and the results are disposed of for us. We wash our hands in a portable porcelain vanity article, and we always use freshly laundered towels.

You know, nothing flash.

I just wondered what others tend to do about hygiene when they are eating/drinking or before setting off home.

I tend to carry a pack of baby wipes and use then to clean my hands after handling any birds. When it comes to eating sandwiches I might use 2 or 3 wipes, and even then I use the bag to hold food with. I reuse the old wipes later to wipe the blood off the flapper and floaters when I pack up. In the summer when I don't want my coffee flask out with me, I tend to get a mean deal in Tesco.

A pasta mean + coke + crisps for £3. That way I can eat my lunch without touching the food and keep the crisps as a snack when I get home.

This must be a joke if not :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Most of us Cotswold crew have our man set up a fully dressed trestle table with doilies (for the Officers, ordinary beer mats for the men), and serve tea and cucumber sandwiches at four PM sharp. After that if the need arises we do number ones, twos as necessary, and the results are disposed of for us. We wash our hands in a portable porcelain vanity article, and we always use freshly laundered towels.

You know, nothing flash.

So you have to rough it then????????

The only hygiene rules I stick to is to try and leave the hide area as I found it and not leaving anything behind , not even a sweet paper.

As far as myself is concerned, my dog don't even get the corner of my sandwiches as he never give me the corner of his ones and my wife do more for him than she do for me . :yes:

The only hygiene rules I stick to is to try and leave the hide area as I found it and not leaving anything behind , not even a sweet paper.

As far as myself is concerned, my dog don't even get the corner of my sandwiches as he never give me the corner of his ones and my wife do more for him than she do for me . :yes:

Best post so far ... :yes::good:

oh how the riff raff live, we have toilet, bidet, and wash hand basin with soap in our hide dear boy don,t you know pip pip what what :rolleyes: