What are your earliest memories of Christmas?

Reece

Sitting at the oak table in the front room rather than the pine one in the kitchen. Oak logs on the fire. Wearing a new jumper with a kitten on the front which my Mum must have knitted and a purple check pinafore also made by Mum. Home made trifle and Christmas cake on the table which had a white linen table cloth. I think I was about 5 or 6 then.

I remember one year asking for Basil Brush

And as we sat opening are presents, My little sister was sick all over him,

So I took my Basil Brush and wracked her over the head with him,

I ended up in my bedroom and poor old Basil had a early bath

Spent rest of Christmas day, staring at him hanging by his tail on the lining line as me nan's terrier tried ring him by the neck

I vaguely remember my first Christmas, it was cold, very cold, and snowing.and it was night time, I remember seeing star's in the sky too. The only clothes I had were an old tatty red dressing gown with ladybirds for button's and a wooley bobble hat pulled over my ears.

My first toy was a wooden sledge, that I was left by someone, well I say left I mean I was left on the sledge dumped down at lhe local orphanage. Oh how times have changed. Those were the good old days when Christmas was Christmas,

I remember when christmas was all fields.

And you could go out on christmas eve and have an eggnogs, double creme de menthe, a drambuie, a triple Cointreau a bag of chips and have the fare for the tram home. You'd come home with more than you went out with some christmas. It was good.

That's the environment agency for you!

I remember one year asking for Basil Brush

And as we sat opening are presents, My little sister was sick all over him,

So I took my Basil Brush and wracked her over the head with him,

I ended up in my bedroom and poor old Basil had a early bath

Spent rest of Christmas day, staring at him hanging by his tail on the lining line as me nan's terrier tried ring him by the neck

Thank's for that Suzy - now all I have to do is clean the tea off the keyboard.

One of my earliest Christmas Day memories is from the time when we kept poultry, and the rooster "Old Bill" had his neck wrung for Christmas dinner.

All four of us kids were loudly lamenting the loss of "Old Bill", and I think that he ended up in the bin.

And of course the other early Christmas when an evil aunt bought cap pistols for my brothers and I, and we were recreating the "Gunfight at the OK Corral" at 3am Christmas morning

It's quite touching to read everyone's stories, I always remember going to bed so exited and wakeing up with pillow cases full of presents at the bottom of my bed. My mum didn't have much money when I was little and I don't know how she managed to spoil me and my sister to this day. Good old mum, she's the best!

Happy Christmas everyone.

Like most children we always put a plate of food for Father Christmas and some carrots for his reindeer

I did the same with my boys and like my dad did with us

Leave a few crumbs and a thank note

My boys are all grown up now

But it's still something I do, silly I know but Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't leave old Santa a bite to eat

And funny enough it's always gone by morning

But I have a feeling that's more to do with a 21 year old coming home with the munchies, after a night on the beer

Then some old fat man breaking into my house, because I make such wonderful mince pies!!!

Xxxsuzy

Staying with my grandparents in Ferndale in the Rhondda and sharing the attic bedroom with my brother and 4 cousins. Not much sleep but Father Christmas still managed to sneak in and fill the stockings we left out with chocolate coins, some toys, satsumas and, for reasons that remain a mystery, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds but no nutcracker. Ice on the inside of windows, miners' boots, smell of coal smoke, having to turf sheep out of the garden - it all seems so long ago.