Armsan 612 problem/help

johnnytheboy

Looking for some advice, I bought my first new semi auto an Armsan 612 12g black synthetic.

Day one on a goose flight on a cold morning the gun was cycling funny, out of 11 attempted volleys of shots the gun was not feeding cartridges from the magazine, so bang, eject, click, no cartridge in the chamber. The pin that holds the trigger unit in was moving and by the end of the flight it was protruding 1/8" it pretty much ruin a goose flight I paid for.

Took the gun home dried it out and went to the shop, they fired 20 cartidges through it with no cycling issues. The pin issue wasn't really covered in the conversation so it was chapped back in by me.

I took the gun to the clay shooting and put 150 cartridges through it, no cycling issues but the pin had started to work out again about 1/8" again I chapped it in thinking I was at least half way fixed.

Took it on a goose flight in the morning, again it was cold, the gun did the same as it did the first time bang, eject, click no cartridge fed and the pin was sticking out 1/8"

I hammered it back in and went for a duck flight, the gun cycled faultlessly but the pin was back to being out 1/8"

The question is, what do I do? I'm pretty peeved that my new gun has two faults and Its totally knackered my confidence in it as I have no idea what I'm going to get when I pull the trigger and if this pins going to fall out in the dark or somehow become lose and mangled in the automatic action!

I hate complaining and being in a confrontational situation but I just don't know what todo!

The problem I have is, the gun dealer is nowhere close, they said send it back if there is a problem and they would test it again! The problem is I send it back and they test it at normal temperatures and it cycles fine where does that leave me! Probably with a huge expense to retrieve the gun. I just don't know what todo!

I think you've fallen into the trap that I have in the past. Buy the cheapest tool from the cheapest supplier.

This gamble works out great when the tool turns out to be a bit of a bargain, but when it's rubbish, a total nightmare.

I would save a load of cost and frustration, sell the thing on, or better still part exchange it at a local RFD's for something decent.

I'm a huge Benelli nut if you couldn't tell by my avatar. However any of the big names (Browning, Beretta, Fabarm, Remington and of course Benelli) will do you proud in the long run.

Bear in mind, cheap Turkish guns are considered disposable in the trade, almost like Bic razors. They're cheap, they work, they fall apart, you flog 'em and buy something else.

The difference in price is high in percentage terms but in £100's it's worth it in the long run. Better product, better to shoot, more reliable and worth a good proportion of it's original price in years to come.

Sorry to be dismissive if I sound it, but you're best off upgrading and putting down to experience.

Having said that I hear the Franchi Affinity is a great gun and go for less than £600, so if money's tight, maybe trade the 612 against one of these.

Edited by Torbruk

Phone the dealer and explain what has being going on and ask for a replacement gun, a fix for this gun or money back. Consumer rights and all that........

All the reports on the Armsan I have read are very good and thesis the first issue I have read about, Like in any mass production process there will always be the odd gun that fails.....

I think you've fallen into the trap that I have in the past. Buy the cheapest tool from the cheapest supplier.

This gamble works out great when the tool turns out to be a bit of a bargain, but when it's rubbish, a total nightmare.

I would save a load of cost and frustration, sell the thing on, or better still part exchange it at a local RFD's for something decent.

I'm a huge Benelli nut if you couldn't tell by my avatar. However any of the big names (Browning, Beretta, Fabarm, Remington and of course Benelli) will do you proud in the long run.

Bear in mind, cheap Turkish guns are considered disposable in the trade, almost like Bic razors. They're cheap, they work, they fall apart, you flog 'em and buy something else.

The difference in price is high in percentage terms but in £100's it's worth it in the long run. Better product, better to shoot, more reliable and worth a good proportion of it's original price in years to come.

Sorry to be dismissive if I sound it, but you're best off upgrading and putting down to experience.

Having said that I hear the Franchi Affinity is a great gun and go for less than £600, so if money's tight, maybe trade the 612 against one of these.

and your speaking from experience I presume,,not all Turkish guns are rubbish just not all top makes are good,my mate had a new beretta o/u and the action cracked in less than a year.

There should be a retaining clip inside the gun on the trigger plate where the pin goes through. Its like a circlip with a flat side ,possible it has broken or come adrift .

Only other problem I have come across with Armsan's was with the lifter that seemed to be offset . Did a few of these under warrantee for a customer , the then importers Viking supplied a complete trigger plate and there was no further problems .

There should be a retaining clip inside the gun on the trigger plate where the pin goes through. Its like a circlip with a flat side ,possible it has broken or come adrift .

Only other problem I have come across with Armsan's was with the lifter that seemed to be offset . Did a few of these under warrantee for a customer , the then importers Viking supplied a complete trigger plate and there was no further problems .

I have had my A612 a few year now and it hasn't skipped a beat. It does sound like you may have a "Friday afternoon" gun. You can read so many good reviews on here about the Armsan A612 and the A620 (which was sold as a Mossberg in the states). I would be getting my RFD to return it.

They're not imported by Viking anymore tho.