EU court of Justice judge decides that Obesity is a disability

keg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greedy and idle.The obese need beasting round a field everyday allday till theyre a normal weight.self debilitation shouldnt be rewarded with anything.of course there will be people with genuine medical problems out there but from what i see out in town everyday is idle over eaters that live off maccy dees chocolate and gregs.

Given that many benefits scroungers are overweight might they now be able to claim disability and get a bit more in handouts. As Nigel needs to serve this group well, he will need some cracking new policies on disability :good:

actually the ruling was it "could be a disability" in certain situations, not that it was a disability, nor was benefits or scroungers mentioned , but dont let facts cloud your bigoted its everything to do with benefit scrounger mentality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30529791

KW

Edited by kdubya

Not convinced but what do the posse think?

nor am I, it's preventable, just stop eating too much and walk to the shop instead. it's up to the individual of course but if it's beginning to cause problems like being unable to tie your shoes then it's an obvious sign that something is going wrong and not just an excuse to buy slip on shoes :lol:

Edited by Paddy Galore!

Given that many benefits scroungers are overweight might they now be able to claim disability and get a bit more in handouts. As Nigel needs to serve this group well, he will need some cracking new policies on disability :good:

The ruling only covers those in work, not 'benefit scroungers'.

Thank God King Nige can now concentrate on more important issues than obesity eh? :good:

I wondered who would throw that grenade into the forum Keg :)

I think as KW said the ruling on the Danish fat chap was fairly specific so it's not an open invitation for abuse of the system, although I suspect that it wont be too long before there is a test case in the UK. I have seen a few things fairly recently of fat people looking for protection under the DDA in work places.

This ruling from the ECJ that puts further pressure on our domestic immigration policies. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30528189

Those pesky Euro's do seem determined to intensify this debate in the UK.

It has, the amount of people that cant read is truly astounding.

KW

Or do sums :whistling:

I wondered who would throw that grenade into the forum Keg :)

I think as KW said the ruling on the Danish fat chap was fairly specific so it's not an open invitation for abuse of the system, although I suspect that it wont be too long before there is a test case in the UK. I have seen a few things fairly recently of fat people looking for protection under the DDA in work places.

This ruling from the ECJ that puts further pressure on our domestic immigration policies. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30528189

Those pesky Euro's do seem determined to intensify this debate in the UK.

Or do sums :whistling:

there are some on here that think percentages are relatives. :lol:

KW

Obesity has a huge knock on cost to the country and bariatric care costs are increasing year on year. I've not read the articles but I imagine it is a clarification of the legal status of some folk rather than anything else. I've no doubt that being massively obese can be a disability that prevents someone living a full and normal life, but so can mental illness and only a fraction of people with mental illness are classed as disabled.

The article actually say the Danish chap in question does not consider his weight an issue and the case was taken up by his union. He's now employed - and as a lorry driver which will most likely not help in any attempt at weight loss!

Can't let facts get in the way of another perfect platform for our UKIP Brownshirts, sorry, UKIP Tattersallshirts to get worked up about can we?

The article actually say the Danish chap in question does not consider his weight an issue and the case was taken up by his union. He's now employed - and as a lorry driver which will most likely not help in any attempt at weight loss!

Can't let facts get in the way of another perfect platform for our UKIP Brownshirts, sorry, UKIP Tattersallshirts to get worked up about can we?

I intend to vote UKIP I also thoroughly object to your reference of "brownshirt" do you actually know what is behind that term and what the SA where? if so on apology for calling me a nazi will be accepted.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Some employers help alcoholic staff for example, so why not fat people.

Give it a year or two and that will likely become a mandate for employers. As Falcon pointed out dealing with obesity is a huge cost and it does need managing to prevent issues arising.

It wont be long before we see some rules govern food served in workplace canteens and what not.