Shrinking products in the supermarket.

aris

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your sentence is ................

I must stop eating pies as they make my wibbly wobbly tummy even more melton mowbray .... written out 200 times :lol:

Harsh. Harsh but fair :( Don't let Winston72 see this, or he'll be on my doorstep with his Tyco "my first execution kit", before you can say " long drop".

Edited by Blunderbuss

Maybe it's because your hands have got bigger !

Ive notice the tin sweets have, I now have to buy two tins

and I still put money on both tins will be gone by Christmas dinner

apart of the strawberries and orange ones

they still be around for Easter,

XxxxSuzy

The fruit creames are first to go in our house. It's the toffees that are left, wife sticks the toffee pennies to the roof of the dogs mouths they have loads of fun licking like mad for ages.

The guy I used to work with was always banging on about creme eggs and wagon wheels etc being bigger when he was a lad, I always used to say I think it was just he had small hands as a lad now he's man his hands are bigger so it all looks smaller

The main thing shrinking in the supermarket for me is the amount of food I seem to get for the same money I always spend, I think I need to start going somewhere else.

Edited by smokinggun

Quality Street - 780g - costs about a fiver on 'offer' today. Bought a tin several years ago - in a real metal tin (not plastic like today) - 1.7kg - cost about the same from what I recall.

I use an old QS tin for storing first aid stuff and its an old skool 1.8kg whopper.I think i bought this tin (with sweeties) back in 1999.

TIN_zpsa948e54d.jpg

mind you Im also noticing a lot of really small veg and assume they cant be bothered to grow them bigger and they have the audacity to call them baby veg, swine, whatever next, baby eggs,

No, it is just the stuff that would normally not sell, or go for animal feed, or food processing. A bit like 'fun-size' apples - I bet these under-sized apples would normally have gone for juice. They have found a way to maximise their profits.