PIR light and bell

welshwarrior

Ok I've got a fox problem at the house, normally the foxes run to similar timing this one is irregular so I'm thinking of a bait station that has a gentle light (so I can see the fix in my scope) and a buzzer to tell me it's turned up. Possibly both light and buzzer PIR triggered to save battery power what do you think? Another good ideals welcome.

Ok I've got a fox problem at the house, normally the foxes run to similar timing this one is irregular so I'm thinking of a bait station that has a gentle light (so I can see the fix in my scope) and a buzzer to tell me it's turned up. Possibly both light and buzzer PIR triggered to save battery power what do you think? Another good ideals welcome.

I had great results last year with the PIR buzzer, luckily shooting a lot over snow covered ground so ok with no extra light, moonlight was enough.

I've just taken delivery of a new double PIR from easy alarms and had my first ding dong last night around 6.....tonight I'm waiting & ready with the photon.

Makes life much easier, good luck.

AndyCM

I don't really do fox control myself but would it not be far more rewarding if you got out there and put the time in waiting for the fox or going to find him rather than doing what you intend to do ? I'm not knocking it but I'm comparing it to my favourite sport of wildfowling where we can go for quite some time without seeing a thing but it's all the more rewarding when we get something. The only bell we get is the alarm going off at 3am.

Edited by ayano3

I don't really do fox control myself but would it not be far more rewarding if you got out there and put the time in waiting for the fox or going to find him rather than doing what you intend to do ? I'm not knocking it but I'm comparing it to my favourite sport of wildfowling where we can go for quite some time without seeing a thing but it's all the more rewarding when we get something. The only bell we get is the alarm going off at 3am.

Unfortunately that's call armed trespass as I don't have permission to shoot the land/woods behind the house and no one will get it either. So it's this ok put up with stolen duck and pheasants fox poo and pee for my lab to roll in etc. the fox has to go.

These look pretty good, no seriously bad write ups about them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Byone-PIR-Driveway-Patrol-Infrared-Wireless-Home-Security-Alert-Alarm-System-/141511912824?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&var=&hash=item20f2c46d78

Looking for similar myself as moved into house with larger gardens and unable to hear anybody "lurking" in the back, even the dogs don't hear anyone.

Edited by jeffjjack

These look pretty good, no seriously bad write ups about them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Byone-PIR-Driveway-Patrol-Infrared-Wireless-Home-Security-Alert-Alarm-System-/141511912824?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&var=&hash=item20f2c46d78

Looking for similar myself as moved into house with larger gardens and unable to hear anybody "lurking" in the back, even the dogs don't hear anyone.

They look good. I'll invest in one in the new year. Thanks for the link. :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Know someone that used to attach a fishing line to a dead rabbit. Rabbit attached to a pegged down cord to stop fox carrying it away.

Fishing line went up to open bedroom window with a fishing lead attached to end and hung over a fishing bite alarm turned down low.

Beep, beep, beep, beep...........BANG!

Know someone that used to attach a fishing line to a dead rabbit. Rabbit attached to a pegged down cord to stop fox carrying it away.

Fishing line went up to open bedroom window with a fishing lead attached to end and hung over a fishing bite alarm turned down low.

Beep, beep, beep, beep...........BANG!

Nice idea that and there are some cheap wireless systems to so could have receiver in your pocket

If you're looking to illuminate your baiting station may I suggest two or three solar lights that are used for lighting up pathways etc. I usually use three set in a triangle about eight foot apart with the bait in the middle. It doesn't take the foxes long to get used to them and they don't light the whole place up, just enough glow to identify and shoot.