It's not Christmas without stuffing.... what is yours?

malkiserow

Time to revisit this one methinks.
My recipe equal quantities of sausage meat and mashed potato ( mashed with butter and helmans and quite wet) one large finely chopped onion, finely chopped garlic to your taste, one or two packs of paxo sage and onion (depending on quantities of mash and meat, black pepper, salt (remember you salted your spuds so don't overdo it) Mix the whole lot together ,add no more liquid, allow the paxo to absorb the wetness from the potatoes and meat. (hands are best) and spread about an inch thick in a lightly oiled baking tin or pyrex dish, cover with foil and bake in a hot oven for about 50 min then remove foil for a further 15 min or stick under the grill. You can also roll into balls if you prefer
Make a lot because after Christmas it is great straight from the fridge with a cup of tea, or my favourite, squashed onto a buttered toasted slab of fresh white bread

Edited by impala59

Hi all I would like to add an addition to the recipe use one vegetable stock cube to make the paxo mix for even more flavour.

Enjoy and have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Regards

Mark

I made it at the Cotswold food weekend in May and it went down a treat.👍👍👍

Bump.....the best stuffing you will ever taste 😋😋