£100 well spent.

JDog

This morning Lady JDog declared that she had done all of her Xmas shopping and what were we going to do today? My mental gymnastics kicked in and within half an hour I had agreed to give her £100 to spend on life's fripperies in Broadway just down the hill. The wind was blowing a gale up here at 600' so no sooner had she gone out of the door I was out too.

The edge of my best estate for pigeons lies exactly 1.9 miles from the house (it will be 165 miles in March) and I was soon there watching literally hundreds of pigeons heading out to feed on beech mast on a neighbouring estate which is out of bounds to me until February 2nd. Some along the line were dropping into a rape field and I chose to set up under the flight line in the rape. I must admit to being surprised at how many decoyed. The shooting was good as birds jinked about on the decent wind.

It was cold but I stuck it out and I am glad that I did because part of the return line came somewhere near my hide. Those birds were really moving.

I picked 45 pigeons of which 35 were decoyed birds and 10 were shot on the return line. Just as I packed up the 'keeper came along and helped pick up but more importantly he collected my kit and took it to my car. After a very long day in the hide I would have hardly had the energy to cart all of my kit back to base.

This morning Lady JDog declared that she had done all of her Xmas shopping and what were we going to do today? My mental gymnastics kicked in and within half an hour I had agreed to give her £100 to spend on life's fripperies in Broadway just down the hill. The wind was blowing a gale up here at 600' so no sooner had she gone out of the door I was out too.

The edge of my best estate for pigeons lies exactly 1.9 miles from the house (it will be 165 miles in March) and I was soon there watching literally hundreds of pigeons heading out to feed on beech mast on a neighbouring estate which is out of bounds to me until February 2nd. Some along the line were dropping into a rape field and I chose to set up under the flight line in the rape. I must admit to being surprised at how many decoyed. The shooting was good as birds jinked about on the decent wind.

It was cold but I stuck it out and I am glad that I did because part of the return line came somewhere near my hide. Those birds were really moving.

I picked 45 pigeons of which 35 were decoyed birds and 10 were shot on the return line. Just as I packed up the 'keeper came along and helped pick up but more importantly he collected my kit and took it to my car. After a very long day in the hide I would have hardly had the energy to cart all of my kit back to base.

Great work!

I deduce that you are moving - to Norfolk I presume??

Great work!

I deduce that you are moving - to Norfolk I presume??

Yes we are moving house in March. I tried to get somewhere near 'South of Birmingham' with no success then I was turned down for a permit to live in Norfolk so we are heading to Lincolnshire. I am told that there are a few pigeons in that County.

Well done JDog another good effort on the rape .

I have spent the day giving Motty a shooting lesson , I am hoping I will have him good enough to be shooting live quarry by the spring , though on todays performance there is still much work to be done :whistling:

Good boy. He has been quiet of late on the forum.

If you ever get the Lincolnshire v Norfolk thing off the ground may I be the totally partial referee? I could not possibly get into the Lincolnshire team on merit.

Good boy. He has been quiet of late on the forum.

If you ever get the Lincolnshire v Norfolk thing off the ground may I be the totally partial referee? I could not possibly get into the Lincolnshire team on merit.

I am sure you would be most welcome JDog as you will be for some pigeon shooting once you have defected .

Well done JDog another good effort on the rape .

I have spent the day giving Motty a shooting lesson , I am hoping I will have him good enough to be shooting live quarry by the spring , though on todays performance there is still much work to be done :whistling:

I knew I wouldn't have to wait long! And all because I missed a few clays by literally millimetres!

I knew I wouldn't have to wait long! And all because I missed a few clays by literally millimetres!

To be fair I have been quite subtle about it , I mean its not as if I have told you I trounced you by a whole three clays and that is allowing you the dodgy one you really missed , oh sorry I just have .

For those Interested Fenboy 85 ex 100 and Motty a tiny 82 ex 100 :whistling:

Edited by fenboy

To be fair I have been quite subtle about it , I mean its not as if I have told you I trounced you by a whole three clays and that is allowing you the dodgy one you really missed , oh sorry I just have .

For those Interested Fenboy 85 ex 100 and Motty a tiny 83 ex 100 :whistling:

I'm sure folk would only be interested if I beat you....

I know , I know , you would have thought all that shooting Motty has done with you something might have rubbed off :rolleyes:

He works on the theory throw enough shot up its got to hit something ,he makes me go on his left now so I cant see him so well on the marsh and see his attempts, its strange when im not with Him he always says I got loads and a triple !!!!!just like that wigeon on the wash we didn't see shot !!