Any decent Landy pics on here

Xr1200

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is Landys are the worst vehicle I have ever driven. There simply is no room to be comfortable in the driving seat. I have had to drive with the window down and my elbow out to be comfortable. What makes them so good off road? The chunky tyres obviously but what of the clearance. Is there an alternative that performs as good? I can not understand why Landrover have not moved on and redesigned the vehicle into something superior.

What gets me is Landys are the worst vehicle I have ever driven. There simply is no room to be comfortable in the driving seat. I have had to drive with the window down and my elbow out to be comfortable. What makes them so good off road? The chunky tyres obviously but what of the clearance. Is there an alternative that performs as good? I can not understand why Landrover have not moved on and redesigned the vehicle into something superior.

They don't need to design anything superior!

I always love how everyone says how **** they are you don't see us landrover men jumping on hilux etc threads slagging them off , they are an icon and always will be if they were so rubbish there wouldn't be so many on the road and they wouldn't hold the money they do

They have its called a Disco a chap that I now drives one for the police and he loves it says they do not have much go wrong with the new ones.

Best pic for me is the unimog in the man rider landy pic, a proper off-road work horse.

Had a series 111 109 years ago with a 2.6 straight six lifted from a Range Rover 6x6 Fire Brigade tender, was the torqueiest engine and also the most thirsty I've ever had. 12mpg at most on a run and around 6mpg in town off road or on beach was more like gallons per mile.

People I bought it off used it to tow traction engines to shows as they restored them, when you revved the engine the whole car tipped to the revs, 2" exhaust and whatever they'd done under the bonnet :good:

Edited by figgy

Had a series 111 109 years ago with a 2.6 straight six lifted from a Range Rover 6x6 Fire Brigade tender, was the torqueiest engine and also the most thirsty I've ever had. 12mpg at most on a run and around 6mpg in town off road or on beach was more like gallons per mile

Was the engine tuned at all? 12mpg is very low even for a straight 6, I get 17mpg in mine on a run and have never had less than 11mpg for on road driving (winter, lots of short journeys, some 4wd).