Another guns video of the same Big day at Powis Castle

Duffryn

You certainly get plenty of birds put over you there at Powys, amazing!! Dream days pheasant shooting, I dread to think what the bag could be when a whole team got to grips with those high birds. What sort of shot count would there be on a day like that?? Cracking footage on both videos by the way!

That was a good video, I enjoyed it (I subscribe to his YouTube site). :good:

You obviously had a tally up at the end of the day, but from just watching the videos I wouldn't have said he shot more than you.

A lot of those birds were very testing.

Kudos to you both for including the misses as well as the hits.

Great videos,probably the best i have seen from Powis Castle.

I shot there two seasons ago we certainly did not see what i call quality apart from one drive, he was short of beaters and coud not get the pheasants where he wanted them.

Hope you have a good end to the season Duffryn.

Great videos,probably the best i have seen from Powis Castle. I shot there two seasons ago we certainly did not see what i call quality apart from one drive, he was short of beaters and coud not get the pheasants where he wanted them. Hope you have a good end to the season Duffryn.

Thanks Nats. Real shame about your day at Powis

Some great birds presented however i did not think he shot any more than you! he did keep his cool it is hard to see weather some of the very high ones went down or not he has a different style to you and your brother more of a guess the lead and pull the trigger than keep the barrels moving whilst pulling the trigger i thought some times he had a tendency to over lead it is difficult to judge just from the head cam unless your actually there and can see these things with your Owen eyes.

Got bored 3 minutes in. This kind of footage makes it difficult to see whether shots were successful or not, but my gut feeling is that he'd better have plenty in the freezer...

Yes the camera position want the best but he did shoot a lot more than it looks. Always a challenge on a day like this to shoot a good video and make the most of the birds presented to you.

• 9 months later...