Torch

adi786

Hi Guys,
Any suggestions which torch i should buy, morning walks i usually find some rabbits, but when i see them they are quite close and run away, do not get a chance to firea shot, so thinking to buy a torch so can have a look from distance if any one my walking path... let me know what be a good torch i can buy with good output, preferably chargeable? thanks

Depends on how much you want to spend but I'd go for the Ultrafire T38 (or T50 if you want more distance). They have focussable beans, very bright and affordable. They run on lithium 18650 rechargeable batteries. They also have 25 mm bodies so very easy to clamp to scopes for lamping.

LED Lenser P7 or T7 for me.

Whatever you buy watch out for Chinese fakes. They look the part but have very poor beam definition.

Buy from an approved source.

On the upside if you do buy a Chinese fake via Ebay you will get your money back from Ebay and get to hang onto the torch which is still handy for everyday general use.

Edited by rogcal

it's ok getting a bright white torch that can send a bright beam 150/200 yards away but just remember when scanning a field at 200 yards you will be scaring rabbits off 200 yards away once they get lamp shy,

if you are lamping rabbits i would go for something you can dim down or put a red filter on to help out

colin

The good thing about the P/T7.2 is you can use at half power and has a selection of different coloured glass filters available.

I use a green filter in my P7 for scanning the field and a blue filter in the T7 for the shot.

No sign of any lamp shyness in the prey but that's because none survive to become shy!

got my led lenser 7.2 delivered today, does it only have high and low beam settings, on manual believe it says it has 3 level ouput, when pressing button i only get two?

Try holding the switch down, this is, as far as I recall from reading reviews on this torch is the 'boost' or brightest function. I may be wrong, but worth a try.

The good thing about the P/T7.2 is you can use at half power and has a selection of different coloured glass filters available.

I use a green filter in my P7 for scanning the field and a blue filter in the T7 for the shot.

No sign of any lamp shyness in the prey but that's because none survive to become shy!

you shoot every prey you see in your lamp ??

colin

you shoot every prey you see in your lamp ??

colin

Only the prey (in my case, only rabbits) I have positively identified.

Without a positive ID I don't take the shot!

I don't particularly care if the hares and foxes become lamp shy, as I'm not targeting them and if it makes them more skittish when the illegal lampers are about, so much the better.

The T7 sits nicely on my 301 and at times it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I fix it in place by placing it in a length of pipe insulation foam, securing it in place with cable ties and sticking the remote switch onto the forend near where my fingers can easily reach it.

If there's any left after I've loosed off 3 shots, I slip the terrier (a Jack Russell/ Lakeland cross) and keep the light trained on the nearest rabbit so that he can get a good visual fix on them before his other senses take over.

T20, nice and cheap, quick focus and easy to use.

I dont belive in this 'dont buy form china' as there all made out there anyway

Always go for a coloured led as filtering an led will cut the beam throw down by a massive amount. Its OK if its a bulb as all the colours are produced by it so you can filter out the colours you don't want. An led produces masses of the one colour with tiny amount of other colours.

Try holding the switch down, this is, as far as I recall from reading reviews on this torch is the 'boost' or brightest function. I may be wrong, but worth a try.

+1

There is no great (as opposed to the 'high' and 'low' settings) difference between the 'boost' and 'high' output (except battery life) but it is there and can be missed because if you simply switch on and let the switch go, you've missed it.

thanks had a look at both, while checking i found this UltraFire CREE XML T6 which gives 2200 lumen output, anyone tried it, saw couple youtube videos looks nice bright...

Just bought one of these for general use,if I zoom it to its tightest beam and shine it down the garden which is 17 six foot fence panels long,then the beam is 8' wide and square,paid just under £9 for torch only delivered off the bay from a company in tilbury Essex.

Think it is only 2200lumen if you use that special battery.

I am using 3 little aaa batteries and its fine for me,well pleased such a little torch for the price and beam.

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions which torch i should buy, morning walks i usually find some rabbits, but when i see them they are quite close and run away, do not get a chance to firea shot, so thinking to buy a torch so can have a look from distance if any one my walking path... let me know what be a good torch i can buy with good output, preferably chargeable? thanks

t-20

t-38

t-50 any of these will work fine.i have 2 of each in various colors and ir.