Best bike you've ever owned ( motorbike)

sishyplops

dificult,the best road bike was my '89 Honda RC30,god she was pleasure

best race bike was my '93 Honda RS250R open class racer,she was telepathic

best of the rest was a Kawa KS1-S race bike

Yamaha '91 TZ250-B v twin open class racer

nicest bike i've ridden and never owned was a Baines tunes,Ohlins spec Ducati 900SS I think it was a '95,that was a treat,bought a TL1000S instead,fast and just a little bit of pee everytime I got outta shape with it (every time out)

best enduro bike is my '13 Husky WR144

Edited by retromlc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rimotu66

Hard to answer as I have owned so many over the years, from my first field bike a Casal bitza with a Honda SS50 engine, every model of the mighty GSXR1100 that where made (apart from the lardy slow water buffalo ones) Any of the TZ's I raced and of course the Awesome TL1000R.

Edited by rimotu66

dificult,the best road bike was my '89 Honda RC30,god she was pleasure

best race bike was my '93 Honda RS250R open class racer,she was telepathic

best of the rest was a Kawa KS1-S race bike

Yamaha '91 TZ250-B v twin open class racer

nicest bike i've ridden and never owned was a Baines tunes,Ohlins spec Ducati 900SS I think it was a '95,that was a treat,bought a TL1000S instead,fast and just a little bit of pee everytime I got outta shape with it (every time out)

best enduro bike is my '13 Husky WR144

why on earth did you get rid of the rc30 ?

why on earth did you get rid of the rc30 ?

At the time I was about to start racing the KR1-s and I didn't have a large shed/garage,so I moved it to my brothers house,I was paranoid it would get stolen so sold it,It was my favourite bike,an early model with the gold Honda wings logo,don't worry I regret selling my '68 short wheelbase 911 Porsche too,I'd need £60k to get that back now,on the upside my '99 honda CRV is better in the snow.

Edited by retromlc

At the time I was about to start racing the KR1-s and I didn't have a large shed/garage,so I moved it to my brothers house,I was paranoid it would get stolen so sold it,It was my favourite bike,an early model with the gold Honda wings logo,don't worry I regret selling my '68 short wheelbase 911 Porsche too,I'd need £60k to get that back now,on the upside my '99 honda CRV is better in the snow.

Im glad you have found a positive in all that as it would make my head explode !

Any chance of a picture of your ss50 ? - that was my first bike, bought for me when I was 8 years old to use on our local aerodrome. Havnt seen one for so many years.

Sorry mate, but I'm not even sure I have one, and if I have it will be film, rather than digital...

If you google images honda ss50 - you'll find hundreds of pics..

My 66 clipped out CB450 Honda bought as a write off in 67 was a belter, I hate to think how many times I threw it down the road. My old Mk3 Commando over 200k and still going strong has to be the best ever for me.

Grief, like Road Rocket I'm showing my age.

Dave

Best bikes I ever owned:

When I was young: Dunstall Dominator

When I got old: Virago 1100

The best bike I ever rode but didn't own: Laverda Jota 1000

The most reliable bike I ever owned (don't laugh it, was all I could afford): CZ 250 twin.

First bike I owned (well moped sort of): Cyclemaster in a Raleigh frame. Local plod on his Velocette 200 (Noddy Bike) used to carry a spark plug spanner with him, as it was the only way he could stop me riding the damn thing (I was only 13).

Sorry mate, but I'm not even sure I have one, and if I have it will be film, rather than digital...

If you google images honda ss50 - you'll find hundreds of pics..

Come on it is in the garage with the rest of your collection, get out and take a pic you lazy so and so, LOL.

Got this stuck in garage - sadly it isn't mine. It is my youngest lad's. My biking days are over. Still like tinkering with them, though.

The second was his old Husqvarna 610TC - Steve Clitheroe tuned motor. Quick, but not a patch on our CR500 or SX380 (fastest MX bike made)

post-3629-0-37605800-1425570362_thumb.jpg

post-3629-0-31449600-1425570389_thumb.jpg

post-3629-0-84771500-1425570774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon R

Just got a new tyre on the back and had a reasonable day yesterday, so decided to get out and have a decent ride. Unfortunately, **** law it ended up raining so I need to get the machine washed today. Met up with a few guys at Hunstanton and then of to Wells on Sea for a brew before heading home in the rain. I must admit I am just loving the Rocket. :good::yes: .

first%2015%20ride%20out%20003.jpg

first%2015%20ride%20out%20012.jpg