Best bike you've ever owned ( motorbike)

sishyplops

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had the fissy ...in my school you were considered queer (oops I meant Gay) if you had one...

This was the teenage babe magnet and only two of us had them... ( sadly this is a Library picture) and mine was minus the tall back rest which just wasn't cool either... we used to look down on AP50, SS50,Puch and Fs1E owners...used to tolerate the Gilera boys though. !

Never had any trouble getting my leg over .

post-427-0-95113700-1419806278_thumb.jpg

ZRX1200s in (faster) blue.

Was especially fun in London, down one tooth on the front cog, up 4 on the rear, with a 4 degree advancer on the ignition and a T3 can. It killed the top end, but only one other bike beat it from a standing start and a fantastic GYKD toy.

Had it round Lydden, Snetterton, Donnington & Llandow in inters and fasts. Mental fun!

Geared and loaded for touring it would sit at 130 all day without effort.

post-14972-0-38475500-1419953353_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha Mule

had loads over the last 26 years but the one i do miss is the fireblade i did last year.....

014_zps38ff060d.jpg

009-9_zps20057de7.jpg

011-3_zpsf9920fd4.jpg

023_zps5aa17c9f.jpg

it started off as a challenge from the lads at work, they betted i couldnt build a 200 bhp bike for less than 2000pounds inc the bike but not using nos, i thought i had it nailed but the clutch let go at about 190 ish bhp on the dyno, as i was up to 1800 quid i bought a new HD clutch kit, hoping it'd hold together long enough to get the magic 200 hp but it failed at 175 ish hp (note to self, HD ebc clutch isnt as strong as original honda parts even when they have 40k miles on them !!)

so with not enough money left to fix the problem (lock up clutch would have fixed it but would have been at least 500 quid, in the interests of playing fair i lost the bet (10 quid!!) but had a giggle building/riding the bike

most fun whilst feeling moments from certain death ?? prob this.....130mph wheelies anyone !

005-1.jpg

its an ex race 2004 zx10, christ knows what had been done to it but it was just sooooooooo fast !! i thought it'd be fun do dump the race fairings, lighten it where i could and see how fast it'd run the 1/4,

here it is with swingarm extended.........130mph wheel spin anyone !! high 9's was the best it managed, always plauged by wheelspin!!

002.jpg

changing pace, the mrs wanted a little bike to run around town on, fancied something old and british like a bantam etc but didnt want r/h gearchange, so i made this for her using a 50 quid ****** cg125 copy....threw 80% of it away but you gotta start with something aint ya !

bikes017_zps0cadde28.jpg

i could go on for hours but ill stop now as not to bore you any further lol

Well, no-one can say you don't know your stuff! :good:

Bike I've kept the longest is this genuine Pepsi RG500.

It's got full Nova box, Swarbricks and straight cut primaries with billet clutch assembly.

Even goes out on winter days if not too wet out there!

25.jpg

Had quite a few others from R1's, KTM, Elsie's etc....

Gpz 750, my first proper big bike, put 75k miles on it in a year as a despatch rider, after writing it off a month after I bought it. So many great memories.

An ex-race FZR1000, astonishingly fast, cost me £1600, fitted me like I'd be born from it. Sold it when I moved to the US for a few years. God I loved that bike.

Currently, an R1150gs sitting in the shed with 100k miles on it, battered and beaten but you couldn't imagine a better all round bike. Except perhaps for the r!150gs Adventure I picked up recently, 9 years old, 12k miles, mint and with Ohlins front and back. The last of the 1150's, I'll never sell it. Ride it almost every day, they can bury me with it.

Suzuki gt250x7, stan stevens ported, god knows who made the pipes, rear sets, clip on bars, full fibreglass race style body work, up 4 teeth on the front sprocket, down 8 on the back, just on the point of being a pig to take off from a standing start, wheelie in 6th, bloody insane machine, thought the water cooled Yamaha`s drank petrol but the suzy could get down to 18mpg on the mad cinema run, sold it to a mate and bought a Kawasaki 750, when out on a run my mate used to disappear, couldn't get anywhere near him, few years later got my hands on an old cb125, first of the overhead cam bikes, more grip than power, went through 3 pairs of boots in 9 months, could lean it over at extreme angles, brilliant fun

Bike I've kept the longest is this genuine Pepsi RG500.

It's got full Nova box, Swarbricks and straight cut primaries with billet clutch assembly.

Even goes out on winter days if not too wet out there!

25.jpg

Had quite a few others from R1's, KTM, Elsie's etc....

had one ,great bikes .original pocket rocket.

Suzuki Ts 125....my first bike ever.

Honda 650

Yamaha xs1100.....rabid power...scared myself loads.

Suzuki Bandit 1200....should have kept it

Yamaha FJ1200. ... still got her, and love it.

BMW K1200S.....Wish I still had it, sold in a moment of

weakness!

Got a little Honda 650 revere v twin in bits in a shed, kind of barn find awaiting rebuild in summer 2015.

Suzuki gt250x7, stan stevens ported, god knows who made the pipes, rear sets, clip on bars, full fibreglass race style body work, up 4 teeth on the front sprocket, down 8 on the back, just on the point of being a pig to take off from a standing start, wheelie in 6th, bloody insane machine, thought the water cooled Yamaha`s drank petrol but the suzy could get down to 18mpg on the mad cinema run, sold it to a mate and bought a Kawasaki 750, when out on a run my mate used to disappear, couldn't get anywhere near him, few years later got my hands on an old cb125, first of the overhead cam bikes, more grip than power, went through 3 pairs of boots in 9 months, could lean it over at extreme angles, brilliant fun

I had several suzie GTs, a couple of 250s, a 380, and a 500.

Rayleigh Runabout! Didn't like bikes, so kept off of the after that

that was my first ever moped, I rode that around on the heath and fields when I was all of 8 yrs old.