Best bike you've ever owned ( motorbike)

sishyplops

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere back in 1992

I stopped biking a few years ago, but if I ever have a mid-life crisis, I will look at buying another one. It was in Bill Head's at Chorley part-exd an XJ900 to get it. Traded it in for a TDM850 a couple of years later, and regretted it as soon as I drove away from the bike shop.

They do look cool. A lot get the cafe racer treatment but I like the rt and rs as is.

I wouldn't want to race one, i'd be too embarrassed at losing lol! they were fine as they were, big old saddle, wide bars and lots of mud guard gave it a 50's look.

I still hanker for it now, I do miss it, just can't afford to replace it.

Anyone had one of the air cooled BMW? My uncle offered to sell me his r80 this year but I thought about it too long. Have been looking at r100s since.

as I said previous the best bike I ever had was a 90s :good: also had a 90/6 and a 100rs lovely bikes many happy memories with them.

KW

I`ve had loads of bikes over the last 12yrs and currently have a 2001 R1, 2000 GSXR 750 (for sale) and a 2006 GSXR 1000. The best bike though that I`ve had so far and regret selling was my 2010 GSXR 750 that I bought new only sold as I was giving up riding !! That idea didn't last long !.I had done loads to it get it exactly how I wanted then sold it. I`ve yet to properly ride the K6 1000 as I got it the end of December so that may take over as my favorite once I`ve finished tinkering with it.

IMG_0269.jpg

"Best bike you've ever owned?" hard question, think it would be either the CBR600 or GPZ1000, the CBR because when they came out they where the muts nuts not much could touch them in the bends and with a decent top end (in the day), I used to love tearing away from some of the bigger bikes. The GPZ purchased more for touring on it would plod along at 90 fully loaded two's up all day and and you could scratch on it aswell but the back end liked to twist and kick a bit, but that just added to the fun, handled better with a pillion, prolly due to extra weight. The GPZ blew up though on the way back from Abergavenny one afternoon.

cbr600.jpg

The CBR 600 photo taken the first day I got it brand new from Meads in Hereford(1989)

gpz.donny.jpg

The GPZ at donnington park early 90's

Another bike I had a lot of fun on was the below ZX9 B1, lots of fun had on this one.

000002.jpg

Current bike for the last 14 years is another ZX9, this photo its loaded up for a trip to Normandy

DSCF0001.jpg

Sorry about the size of the pics, most are scanned in photos.

Mick

Edited by powler

• 2 weeks later...

I have had more bikes than I can remember but have to admit my first (road legal) bike a Yamaha FS1E was my most memorable, I just loved it. My GL 1800 was without a doubt the best for what I like to do, touring Europe. Have to admit though my current bike Triumph Rocket 111 Touring is such great fun and I will see how it does on the long distance as I am away touring Europe mid July on it.

I have had more bikes than I can remember but have to admit my first (road legal) bike a Yamaha FS1E was my most memorable, I just loved it. My GL 1800 was without a doubt the best for what I like to do, touring Europe. Have to admit though my current bike Triumph Rocket 111 Touring is such great fun and I will see how it does on the long distance as I am away touring Europe mid July on it.

Honda SS50 moped lol

i can still to this day remember the number plate to my FS1E YUR42M the good old days

colin