Easy NV

Davyo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope this helps, i am trying to find the housing for the E700 on screw fix as forgot the item number.The black project box for the spotter came from Maplins £4.00spotter

You get a length of 12v dc cable with a 12v dc male on each end, cut this and connect the red cables from the E700 & the monitor to the red on the 12v dc cable. then connect the black from E700 and black from monitor to the black from the 12v dc.The yellow cable from the E700 & the monitor connect together,(there will be a white from the monitor,disregard this)

The battery is simply clued to the back of the monitor and then both glued to the metal L bracket, the L bracket is the bound tightly with Insulating tape to the end of the silicone tube that has the pro plast tubing inserted( do not wrap tape around any other part of the silicone tube as will distort) If done correctly this will be 100% secure with no movement,then paint over the tape with a clear setting resin.

sorry if this is a daft question, but when you charge the battery with everything connected does the screen come on.was going to put my screen and battery into a project box but couldn't get my head around what would be on or not when charging

No,the screen does not come on when battery is in charge mode as you are pulling out the 12v DC that powers the camera and monitor( so power source is cut) and you connect the 12v charger in the input on the battery where you have just pulled out the 12v DC for cam/monitor.

Edited by Davyo

No,the screen does not come on when battery is in charge mode as you are pulling out the 12v DC that powers the camera and monitor( so power source is cut) and you connect the 12v charger in the input on the battery where you have just pulled out the 12v DC for cam/monitor.

with you buddy,what i was thinking of doing was stripping the battery pack and screen and putting them into a box so the lead from the camera (e700 in a mtc adapter ) would plug into the box just not sure how to wire it up.i can do a three pin plug but then thats me done

When you said better with a cheaper scope, did you really mean nearly anything with a large objective. 50mm over a 40mm would gather over 50% more light (optics not considered). Field of view is also a consideration - a narrow FoV being better for light gathering from the target.

I've already ordered some parts, from fleabay, as a project (not the same items as this thread). Likely have to drop from 940nm to 850nm but it is only a project and, currently, I don't need much range.....

The concept is simple enough; it is just getting suitable matching parts and a decent finished article, aethsetically. Security cameras do it very well with small lenses, so it is just a matter of fitting that 'scope in between signal and receiver.

That system looks very neat and tidy. I hope mine (eventually) looks as good as that.

Sorry to be a pain - thanks for your build list

Is this the camera element I should get (16mm option) and does it need anything doing to it to make it an infra red camera to look into the sciope ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-Angle-Sony-700TVL-Effio-E-CCD-2-8mm-Lens-PCB-Board-for-CCTV-Security-camera-/300960465294?pt=UK_CCTV&var=600148336638&hash=item4612a4418e

Sorry to be a pain - thanks for your build list

Is this the camera element I should get (16mm option) and does it need anything doing to it to make it an infra red camera to look into the sciope ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-Angle-Sony-700TVL-Effio-E-CCD-2-8mm-Lens-PCB-Board-for-CCTV-Security-camera-/300960465294?pt=UK_CCTV&var=600148336638&hash=item4612a4418e

Don't be tempted to cut corners on the camera if you want NS 200 performance,sure 24 will sell you one for £68 with a 16mm lens & the IR filter ready removed.The camera is the most important item in the build and if you buy the correct camera you will have a successful build.

Dave

Not a fan of the T torches, I went back to the NM800 as I had a few T20's and quality was poor but if you can find a good seller then a T20 for £30 will give you everything you need.Evo or Dave-g can poss point you in the right direction I thing Dave-g builds them so won't be rubbish.

Dayvo

Another question - the T67 torch has three LED has four LEd option - Green, Red, Cool White, and IR850NM - is it the IR850NM choice for this setup ??

a little tip for you homebuilders,,don't buy a T67,,they are way too bulky and heavy to sit on top of a scope,you would be better using the T20 body and fitting a crellant 66mm head to it or a T20 body and an adapter and a x2 telephoto lens,,that way you will not need a crane to lift the rifle,,the T67 in red is a decent torch to use as a spotter but I do prefer to build my own (for my kits )

as davyo said,,don't skimp on the camera because with a decent camera and a nm800/T20 you will see plenty

Dnt be put off by the cheaper Sony effio 700tvl cameras, I have made a couple using them and for air rifle ranges they are perfect. Obviously not as crystal clear as a e700(what I use now) but if on a budget they are spot on. Still get eye shine over 150 yards with spotter using a 50mm lens.

EC112723-93C4-4DAF-8AB2-6E39C86DA6A7_zps

6C0DEA59-80DB-4F98-847F-329C97AF9212_zps

8391CDAD-159B-4687-ABD8-779ED8661484_zps

E88C40E1-756A-4575-9EF7-9529FFA0DB6A_zps

Bloody typical. Got everything together to start building this afternoon and it appears the camera has a lead missing? The only lead that came with the camera has black power an yellow video connectors, the yellow video connector doesn't fit into the monitor yellow as its some weird connector! Sure24 are closed until Monday...******!!

If there is a Maplins nearby you should be able to get the adapter there. I assume you have the bayonet type but need the push in one?

Yeh that's the job. Will have to wait while Monday when I'm back down in Leeds. I shall have to go and smash a door in true PW fashion out of frustration now 😁

Don't bother with connectors mate,you just end up with a tangled mess,bite the bullet and get those cables cut( you will void any warrenty on the camera and monitor though). Or are you going to have the monitor mounted separate?

Edited by Davyo

Don't bother with connectors mate,you just end up with a tangled mess,bite the bullet and get those cables cut( you will void any warrenty on the camera and monitor though). Or are you going to have the monitor mounted separate?

No, was pretty much going to mimic your setup, have you just cut the cables and connected them old school with tape or have you used any connectors? Wasn't sure if the video signal might suffer with a taped connection?