• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry missed one out

301478200060 shoukd do it

I understand its 12v charge but thats not a problem

Cheers

That'll work fine. It depends on the build you are working on but for about a fiver more you could get a smaller battery from the uk from EL Wirecraft. Worth a look as they are decent batteries with a trustworthy mAh rating.

Was out last night with the NV,have mixed results with the view finder,rabbits 50 Mtrs out look like they are sitting on the moderator,but because the finder has a 3x diopter the screen appears grainy as it magnifies the pixels.Going to take it into a camera shop and see if they can put maybe a 1x in or just something that allowas me to view the cross hairs without the need for glasses.

Anyhow shooting went well untill the 4x4 got stuck(useless 50/50 tyres) ended in one ripped off wing mirror and a ripped of rear tail light and one well and truly stuck motor wedged up against a tree.Well back down today with the chainsaw lol.

davey could you not just strip the innards of the viewfinder and just use it as an eye cup

davey could you not just strip the innards of the viewfinder and just use it as an eye cup

Yes that is an option but it would mean I am back to wearing my glasses.I did think about trying to get my optition to knock me up a round lens to fit the view finder lol.But he already thinks I'm nuts.

I had a good deal on 300mm of 38mm silicon pipe, cost was £6.67 delivered from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221312290868. The only problem is that I have to cut it! Any suggestions on the best way of making a tidy cut? I've thought of feeding some PVC pipe through it and the cutting with my mitre saw but that's the best I can come up with for now.

I also purchased one of the 1800mAh batteries from elwire craft so should be able to give feedback on that once it is assembled. Nice size 30mm x 30mm x 50mm. Should Velcro easily to the back of the screen or the cap on the camera tube.

I had a good deal on 300mm of 38mm silicon pipe, cost was £6.67 delivered from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221312290868. The only problem is that I have to cut it! Any suggestions on the best way of making a tidy cut? I've thought of feeding some PVC pipe through it and the cutting with my mitre saw but that's the best I can come up with for now.

I also purchased one of the 1800mAh batteries from elwire craft so should be able to give feedback on that once it is assembled. Nice size 30mm x 30mm x 50mm. Should Velcro easily to the back of the screen or the cap on the camera tube.

Best way I've found to make a tidy cut is to put a jubilee clip on the hose, screw up a bit so it doesn't shift, then run a Stanley blade along the edge of the clip :good:

Edited by turbo33

Finally sorted thr focus issue on the crosshairs without the aid of wearing my readers( which was the main aim).as reported when I used the original X3 focusable diopter lense in the view finder the crosshairs where perfect but it jagged the pixels on the screen.I have since put in a 2x lense that has sorted the problem,the downside is I have had to move the screen forward as needed a 4 inch extension tube on the back of the viewfinder.

Will post some. Picks later.

Finally sorted thr focus issue on the crosshairs without the aid of wearing my readers( which was the main aim).as reported when I used the original X3 focusable diopter lense in the view finder the crosshairs where perfect but it jagged the pixels on the screen.I have since put in a 2x lense that has sorted the problem,the downside is I have had to move the screen forward as needed a 4 inch extension tube on the back of the viewfinder.

Will post some. Picks later.

Spot on least you have it sorted now :)

Trouble I'm having is focussing the set up to get a sharper picture. I find that I'm using the adjustment on the back of the scope, is there a way of focussing the e700 camera instead? Can't find anything in the instructions to do this though... Anyone else have the same?

You should be able to see the milldots/crosshairs clearly by fine tuning the diopter and having the correct distance from the camera to the scope :)

As promised some pics of the finished unit,please ignore the foam packing in between the view finder and the cam tube as temp measure until i can get a plastic spacer made.Had to move the screen forward due to adding a spacing tube to the viewfinder but the desired result was achieved (not having to wear my reading glasses to view the crosshairs).

Result of changing the diopter lens had led to a crystal clear crosshair & no over magnification of the pixels on the screen.Just need to tidy up the unit & hopefully be able to mount a screen & battery inside the box section at the front of the viewfinder(basically everything inside the compartment where is says 3.0X so there will be no noticeable screen of battery)Moving the screen forward means the eye piece come up nicely to the head when mounting.

Will be running live firing tests next week on the bunnies, but mounted on the rimmy i can make out clear brickwork out on a chimney out the back at 250mtrs

post-30855-0-57105900-1423342878_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-61051300-1423343031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Had the unit out for field tests on Monday night,got cut short as i forgot to charge the battery on the unit. Results where excellent,nice clear picture,clearly viewing hedge line at 200mt.Only shot 3 before batteries failed lol,2 at 50mtrs and 1 at 85mtr all clearly viewed.Only issue is when i remove my eye from the eye piece i got a shadow(due to screen brightness).Hopefully a filter over the diopter will fix it,but the objective was to create an NV unit where i didn't require my readers.(and will never have to go through the embarrassment of going out at 2am only to realise i had took my sun glasses)

post-30855-0-18244400-1423677568_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-13896200-1423677580_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-20127000-1423677591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Yep really happy with it,all one slip on unit just tighten it up with the thumb screw and I'm good to go.Might get onto the guy with the 3D printer who made me the camera unit to see if he can copy the camera tube and the viewfinder as one piece.

Edited by Davyo

Yep really happy with it,all one slip on unit just tighten it up with the thumb screw and I'm good to go.Might get onto the guy with the 3D printer who made me the camera unit to see if he can copy the camera tube and the viewfinder as one piece.

Yes that would tidy it up slightly, not that it needs it though :) ...

I changed mine slightly I mount the battery on the side of the stock , prefer it like that

WARNING, after both myself and Fruity have purchased the 3D E700 housing.My 1st had to go back as was too tight for the scope,when I got a replacement,ther wasn't much meat on the end that clamps to scope and felt very brittle,however I resin coated it but only time will tell.Both fruity and myself recomend using the old silicone or waste pipe method as this 3D housing cost £25 plus pp and the objective of home builds is to keep costs down.If it where 100% then the layout would be worth it but at the moment there are issues wheather it can last.

Trouble I'm having is focussing the set up to get a sharper picture. I find that I'm using the adjustment on the back of the scope, is there a way of focussing the e700 camera instead? Can't find anything in the instructions to do this though... Anyone else have the same?

Yes, you can alter the E700, there is a LOCKING ring on it, TURN in and OUT till its Clear,,, But set your ring on the scope FIRST:.

• 7 months later...

I apologise up front for dragging this back up but I do feel that it's worth keeping everything together.

Understand that this project is aimed at air rifles or as a budget option for those not fully committed. I've managed to get the budget down to less than £30 for all the parts including the battery and torch. Hardest part to source has been the lense. In low light conditions it works really well without a torch. With IR useable range is realistically 30-35yds. It needs a better torch to improve the range. It's not attractive, still in prototype phase, but it is fully functional, almost.

Screen brightness is a problem. I can remember reading of some sort of filter over the screen to make it better in the dark. Can anyone point me to what this was? i can't find it.

Due to the size of the camera that I've used the end cap doesn't thread on properly. I'm thinking of extending the cap to give a few more threads. Does anyone have any thoughts on an alternative solution?

DSCF7367%20Medium_zpsyigscnyi.jpg

DSCF7369%20Medium_zpsjr9amtul.jpg

DSCF7375%20Medium_zps8jiquo56.jpg

Edited by Marki