cocker spaniels

jasons gold

not having much luck with both of my dogs, one keeps fitting on a shoot day in the afternoon so now can only do half days . And just come back from the vets due to the other having a enlarged prostate meaning it cant poo. And they dont know why his prostate is big. So he's staying there today for chemical castration ,antibiotics and an enema. anybody know what could have caused it. ?Both dogs are about 7.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/297999-collapsed-cocker/

Have you read this thread, some cockers are prone to running out of energy and collapsing or fitting. If it is that easily cured by food. Hope this is the case for yours.

yes i had worked that out but ,she wont eat on a shoot day so cant do anything else other than use her for half a day.

Try cat foood. Feed the dog before it knows it is going shooting, not when wound up because you are in your breeks with the gun out etc.

I fail to see the point in chemical castration. A dog with an enlarged prostate NEEDS surgical castration. Usually they are hormone responsive (something called benign prostatic hypertrophy) but even the nasty cysts or tumours are helped by castration.