shotgun licence

eventer1

I thank those that replied, but I still find it amazing that even after years (1996) since my licence ran out ....I remember that came in weeks. I'm looking at it as a new grant. But even so, they can cash the cheque and still after nearly three months still not even a visit , I have called but I've been told by a third party if you pester them they slip in back to the bottom, don't know how true that is! Just a bit feed up as I want to buy and go out again shooting a few clays. I suppose I'm just moaning.

I have called but I've been told by a third party if you pester them they slip in back to the bottom, don't know how true that is!.

Not true at all, at least in my experience.

A pleasant call to ask about how your renewal is coming along, as you're concerned about your date elapsing.

Sometimes a cert may just be waiting on a signature, but be in the wrong pile.

But you won't find the answer on a forum ;)

Not true at all, at least in my experience.

A pleasant call to ask about how your renewal is coming along, as you're concerned about your date elapsing.

ITs anew grant not a renewal.............. Essex state they are failing to meet the 8-10 weeks but don't say how long it is going to take. Has your referee been contacted? Thats generally a good sign.

I've been a referee on at least 3 certs that I can remember, I've never been called. The admin of most Firearms Departments is carried out by civilian staff these days, a phone call would not be out of order in any way whatsoever. In my own experience, I've found the Firearms staff to be most helpful and courteous.

Could be worse mate I'm in south Yorkshire been waiting for my renewal 10weeks now 4 weeks ago feo came out did my serail numbers says yes everything's fine expect in the post . Still waiting quite annoying took me 6 week to get my shotgun licence .Got in touch with the department all i got is we have to go through them date wise it waint be long .

I sent my sgc application off two weeks into November, they cashed my cheque on the 25th, then half way through December rung my referee, had my interview on the 30th December but haven't got safe fitted so he said soon as it's in give him a ring an he will come back out, Im happy with how's it's gone so far as I was told I'd be waiting till Easter time! That's Kent police

Mine took about 14 weeks with Oxfordshire for SGC and 12 weeks for FAC.....I called them however 3 or 4 times, politely, and in the end I went and picked it up. You do get fobbed off, you just have to stay with it I'm afraid....

God luck, I know the wait is panful, especially as they cahsed the cheque within three days of me sending it!!

Took me two and a half years through Durham police they wanted me to jump through hoops, 4 months after applying I got divorceed so they said they wouldn't issue because they spoke to my ex and she never wanted me to have it lol police force. Moved to Northumbria put in my application 4 days later got a phone call to book a visit so hung my cabinet three days later they turn up, I explained my situation regarding divorcee Durham police and I was also part of basc who would be getting informed of the out come of there visit, the firearms officer agreed the way I had been tret by Durham IDIOTIC police was bad and the certificate was through the post two weeks later well done Northumbria police....