Mansfield Gun Centre

safc1973

Can't speak for quality of the stock but the human interface is somewhat lacking... visited a few times in recent years and was made to feel about as welcome as a F-art in a spacesuit so never felt inclined to actually buy anything.

They are not the cheapest around either.

Edited by klem

One fella is more helpful than the oother, park in the rufford pub carpark or one of the streets around the back of the shop. I'd say they're about middling on price. If your going because they've got a gun you want then its worth the trip, but if your going for a mooch, save your time and diesel.

Thanks for the info - don't think I'll bother going all that way to be ignored. I must be lucky as most gun shops I've been to have been friendly & helpful even if I'm only browsing. My local RFD has been very helpful over the last 2 years, giving me advice before I'd even got my certs. Since then hes had probably over £2000 worth of business from me - can't understand these places who don't seem to want the business.

I have had 1 or 2 off them and always had a good welcome but its only a small shop but have plenty in. I agree about the location but you can park in the rufford across the street.

I got my hw 95k off them when they first came out and they ordered it in asap . then had a 1022 off them .

the problem is they get a lot of walts go in from the estate across the road wanting a cheep air rifle and then trying to buy a bolt action c/f... and when they get told have you got yr cert before getting it off the wall . like scopes the good ones are in the back with the cheep ones out at the front. for the same reson.

Edited by fruitloop

a right pair of old farts but are quiet lovable when you get to know them , both have a deadpan seance of humour and don't tolerate fools gladly .having said that i have found them fair on price and more than helpful to deal with . i have used the shop on and off for the last 20 years never had a problem you have to take them or leave them its up to you

And there aren't many Marlin 1894s around at that price. I know I've been after one since easter last year, Finally got one from Shooting supplies at bromsgrove last week. I saw the one at mansfield but I had to go to birmingham for work so bought that one.

And there aren't many Marlin 1894s around at that price. I know I've been after one since easter last year, Finally got one from Shooting supplies at bromsgrove last week. I saw the one at mansfield but I had to go to birmingham for work so bought that one.

Agreed - thats why I was interested. I wanted to look at that one at Shooting Supplies before xmas but never had the time.

Agreed - thats why I was interested. I wanted to look at that one at Shooting Supplies before xmas but never had the time.

I'm glad you didn't its quite nice. Its a 2008 rifle with a couple of dinks in the wood work but other than that its fine, it has a rail fitted too.

good luck with finding one.

• 5 years later...
On 01/01/2015 at 10:09, matone said:

Seems to be quite prevalent in the guntrade !

Certainly not the case at AC Guns, Hastings.

You can pass the time of day with the owner proprietor and the knowledgeable gunsmith, have bit of good banter while you browse the  Broad selection of guns or wait for a bottle to be filled.

Always a pleasant atmosphere.

No I am not connected to the business in anyway.

Maybe they stared reading the forum from the very beginning for something to do during lockdown and 2015 is as far as they've gotten so far?  :)

Just wait until they get to the part about Burnley Dave and kicking doors in 😂

Edited by phaedra1106