what scope/lamping light

snipers eye

Night Master 800 is the standard answer here however you'll be looking at a used one for that much.

It's got everything you want though, white LED option, lightweight and compact so it mounts onto the scope easily, very tight and long range beam. You've also got the options of Red and IR LED's for the future.

or the nm400. Found that over kill in the light dept and lamps to 135yds with ease. Couple of quid cheaper than the 800 would be main mentioning rational. Happy with mine, not sure how the beam flood and spot compare and at what distances. Either unit is spot on, triple mode brightness etc. Clamped a weaver adapter to mine as have a rail on foregrip to utilise and run remote switch which is an extra £19.99

thanks lads,but im none the wiser as to know if the spot is square,or football round,i have seen some lights with square bar code like spots.dont like those,much prefer a nice round small intense beam with as small a round spot as possible :yes:

Not always a good idea unless you're reasonably already certain to within a couple of yards of where the target is. Flashing a small beam all over the place trying to find something to shoot at can be one sure way of sending any likely target into the next county.

Not always a good idea unless you're reasonably already certain to within a couple of yards of where the target is. Flashing a small beam all over the place trying to find something to shoot at can be one sure way of sending any likely target into the next county.

Very true.

I've found that I need two torches, one with a wide beam to pick out the eyes then the NM800 to ID and attempt a shot. I find the NM800 a bit too tight for the initial spotting and because it's on the scope you're also swinging the rifle around. With an additional torch the rifle stays over my shoulder until its needed.

thanks lads,but im none the wiser as to know if the spot is square,or football round,i have seen some lights with square bar code like spots.dont like those,much prefer a nice round small intense beam with as small a round spot as possible :yes:

Being able to adjust to a wider beam will give you a wider field of view, which is not such a bad thing when checking before taking a shot.....

The new gen hid lights do have a square beam, however a lot of lamp in a small tube........

TEH