1- he don't gots no licensess.

2- its currentlys an illegal guns.

3- he asked for to display the "precious"

4- deact is the easyest optioness.

Maybe he could use it. But all that effort and

Licences to put a 2" group at 100yards?

Not sure if the guy is a

Licence holder.

So I assume he is uninterested in target sports.

Whats wrong with 2" groups at 100yards then? :bye2:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before you decide what to do with it, it will need to be checked by the Police to make sure it is not stolen!

I found two shotguns in a similar way. i took them to the RFD who then had to notify the Police, as with every gun handed into them, the Police did a check on the numbers to make sure they were not stolen. They are now in my cabinet :)

Yhe Police also do a check to make sure it has not been used in a crime, near on impossible with a smooth barrel, but may do a check on the rifled barrel??

I do not understand why it is that so many people say "ask your feo or firearms department" Most feo dont know one end from the other and most departments just make up any old statement as they think it up.

Exactly....Take it to a RFD, give your location on here, & I'm sure some member will point you in the right direction.

We rent it, but the owner has said if we get into it, the contents are ours! I did approach a locksmith and was quoted £200 to get into them - so left it back then. They're well installed with no access to the sides and look like they're the old cabinet type where the front comes off. If I had one of those flexible fibre optic cameras I could drill a hole in them and see if there's anything in them.

One of them is more of the handgun size safe - so who knows!!!

You can buy a Borescope off Ebay for less than £50.00, just dill a hole & look inside - might be the best £50.00 you've ever spent ;)

Well I hope the op comes back not been logged in since before the first reply!

As for the old stile cabinets there is a USB endoscope you can get for £20 that hooked up to a laptop will tell you what's in there for a 20 mm hole!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endoscope-Waterproof-Inspection-Camera-Borescope/dp/B00A6K4DCK

Edited by HDAV

Must be very tight chokes! I'd love to own a drilling and use a nice piece of history gets around the walking through the woods flushing pheasants with a rifle or finding a roe with the shotgun.

I had a couple of combination guns years ago, bloomin' handy they were!

As for those cabinets, just cut them open with a slitting disc!

U.

Ring Automotive do a cheap one of these, we were selling them for £30 last year, they plug into a laptop or PC and use the screen on that rather than have their own

We rent it, but the owner has said if we get into it, the contents are ours! I did approach a locksmith and was quoted £200 to get into them - so left it back then. They're well installed with no access to the sides and look like they're the old cabinet type where the front comes off. If I had one of those flexible fibre optic cameras I could drill a hole in them and see if there's anything in them.

If we are after bets I reckon if admin had a look at the initial poster it would have similarities with the IP address of someone like harnser it has to be a windup.

Let's face it find a gun in the loft would your first reaction be to register to pw and ask them rather than someone sensible like the police

I want to know now ;)

WOW! what a responce (I thought I'd give it a few days before checking back) and so much to think about. I didn't even consider it might be worth anything! I'm in Northampton area. Not really into shooting. I geuss RFD is Registered Firearms Dealer? anyone know of a honest one in my area? What does it take to get a licence? might be better than ruining a nice piece. I've left it were I found it, wasn't going to risk taking it anywere!

post-73034-0-64213600-1420240117_thumb.jpg

Markings wise it's got MK SUHL on the top, Nitro underneath and a word begging with S along the barrel (my picture is blurry so can't make it out)

Mick vokes isn't to far away and is a member here wabbitbosher

Michael Vokes - Mick Vokes - Bath Rd , Kettering, Northamptonshire. NN16 8NE.

Tel: 01536-511 884 ...

Give him a call first thing in the morning!

As its a combo gun shotgun and rifle it will probably need to go on a firearms cert the local police website has the application forms but have a chat to mick and see what he suggests.

Have you tried shooting? Clays/paper targets etc?

Edited by HDAV