Woodcock shooting Northern Ireland.

ollie

Here is a video from 2 days out after one of the finest game birds; woodcock.

The first day wasn't much good and it was recorded a few weeks back. The second day was from earlier in the week when we shot 8.

Appreciate that some of the shots are difficult to see, but woodcock are a small bird.

Thanks for watching::

Good stuff. Nice bit of rough ground. There seems to be plenty of woodcock around.

Cheers fella, it's the first decent day I've had on them all year, it has been a poor year in our part of the country.

That's great rough shooting land. Perfect in fact.

Cheers fella, some good ground surely, it helps when you get a good bag too. You getting any birds?

Cheers fella, it's the first decent day I've had on them all year, it has been a poor year in our part of the country.

Cheers fella, some good ground surely, it helps when you get a good bag too. You getting any birds?

With end of January coming up, the pheasants are every week now. We had a few pigeon last week - I got 5 which isn't much but better than nothing!

Woodcock are patcy but are hard to shoot on a pheasant day - too many people to make it safe.

The dog picked up a virus / infection on boxing day and nearly died last week. Another dog on the shoot did die. Hest coming on but is out of action. That takes a bit of the fun out of it for me.

Edited by Big Al

With end of January coming up, the pheasants are every week now. We had a few pigeon last week - I got 5 which isn't much but better than nothing!

Woodcock are patcy but are hard to shoot on a pheasant day - too many people to make it safe.

The dog picked up a virus / infection on boxing day and nearly died last week. Another dog on the shoot did die. Hest coming on but is out of action. That takes a bit of the fun out of it for me.

What did the dogs pick up? That is awful, hope your dog gets through it ok.

What did the dogs pick up? That is awful, hope your dog gets through it ok.

Thanks. The vet doesn't know - a virus of some sort. Similar to parvo he said. He spent a few nights in the vet on a drip. He was in a bad way - the vet rang me at 6.30pm on new years eve to tell me he probably wouldn't make it through the night.

But he's young (2 and a half) and I was well pleased he made it. He's not eating properly yet and is being rested but he's getting there.

Thanks. The vet doesn't know - a virus of some sort. Similar to parvo he said. He spent a few nights in the vet on a drip. He was in a bad way - the vet rang me at 6.30pm on new years eve to tell me he probably wouldn't make it through the night.

But he's young (2 and a half) and I was well pleased he made it. He's not eating properly yet and is being rested but he's getting there.

Fingers crossed he'll be fine Al. Not nice especially when the dog is so young. Did the vet mention what caused it?

That's great news Big Al glad he's getting back on track.

I've just been watching the latest episode of field sports Britain, Ollie your video is advertised on there on 'Hunting on YouTube' so Well Done mate!!

Cheers Daz, I noticed it was on hunting youtube; hopefully get me a few more subscribers lol.

Fingers crossed he'll be fine Al. Not nice especially when the dog is so young. Did the vet mention what caused it?

He doesn't know. Also, now that I've paid him, I don't think he really cares.

Congratulations on the Hunting youtube mention.

That's great news Big Al glad he's getting back on track.

Thanks fella.