How many pigeons are shot by PW members 2015

ollie

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PW members,

Well after coming back to the UK to visit family for 12 months after 20 years of being in Australia I arrived on the 1st Dec 2014 chomping at the bit to get out for a shot. I shoot in Australia but we don't have Woodpigeons.

The first outing was on the 5th Dec and using my dad's spare side by side off we went. Meeting up with more family as a surprise that morning we got over that and still chomping at the bit to load up finally I started off in a hide under a old oak tree. No decoys at this stage just watching the pigeons fighting here and there. After a short what a single pigeon came my way. Came from left to right on a slight angle, in range, I raised the gun and BANG! My first pigeon in 20 years. Grate.

After a bit of fluffing about moving there and there on the farm ended up in a hide decoying over rape. at the end of the day with a few shots here and there I was not happy with my self and my shooting for the day with a score of

3 pigeons, 42 shots. 1 in 14 shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 20 years away I forgot how fast and zig zaggy the ******* can flight!!!!!

2 days later we headed out once again. Shooting in the same spot the end result was slightly better but I was still not happy. 9 pigeons, 39 shots. 1 in 6.3 shots.

Over the year my dad has kept shooting records and if you don't you should as it is very interesting looking back years and seeing your number. The records are of 4 shooters dad, uncle and cousin and after the 20 I have joined in again this year.

So the long story shortened since the 5th December right up to today I have shot most days and in-between this time I struggled to get any decent numbers in the first 7 shoots out so I ended up buying my own gun. And with a bit of home customizing modifications one was changing those stupid optical fibre red barrel sight (all I do is stare at the dam thing and not the bird) to a standard brass pip sight and lengthen the butt to fit me so I'm not looking down the barrel my shooting is the best I've ever done and will be the best I'll ever do.

So up to date from 5th Dec today 17/03/2015 I have shot

47 Days

2108 shots

1162 pigeons

with a average of 1 bird in 1.81 shots.

Happy as a pig in you know what.

The best day so far was on 18 Feb shooting 91 pigeons and 134 shots. 1 in 1.47 shots.

All shot over rape.

So do anyone else keep scores and I have always been interested in peoples Average's. Anyone care to shear there's?

Well I better load up and check the freshly drilled beans.