to shot or not to shot that is the question

shippers2

so out today got wet very wet but kept going and as me and my mate creep in the woods we see about 5 fallow doe's looking straight at us two of witch were albino, we didn't have time to scope them before they were running away but was thinking if they should be shot or not some might say bad luck if u do some might say just another deer. what do people think

Edited by shippers2

so out today got wet very wet but kept going and as me and my mate creep in the woods we see about 5 fallow doe's looking straight at us two of witch were albino, we didn't have time to scope them before they were running away but was thinking if they should be shot or not some might say bad luck if u do some might say just another deer. what do people think

I was thinking my eyesight was getting worse.......however your extra large text is easy to read........................ :whistling:

Seems a lot of your deer run away.....you cant blame the frost under foot for spooking them on this stalk

TEH

I was thinking my eyesight was getting worse.......however your extra large text is easy to read........................ :whistling:

Seems a lot of your deer run away.....you cant blame the frost under foot for spooking them on this stalk

TEH

hahhahaha your write I cant blame the frost lol this time I think ill have to take it on the chin and say it was my fault as I didn't manage to dance around the woods and avoid the all 20 billion sticks and leaves that were just waiting to give my position away :crazy:

hahhahaha your write I cant blame the frost lol this time I think ill have to take it on the chin and say it was my fault as I didn't manage to dance around the woods and avoid the all 20 billion sticks and leaves that were just waiting to give my position away :crazy:

I had a look on my ticket, there was no mention of asking people's opinion on shooting white deer... :oops:

Was you the chap being told to shoot a little higher in the video?

Far too many people on that bit of ground and expect the deer to be settled....

TEH

I had a look on my ticket, there was no mention of asking people's opinion on shooting white deer... :oops:

TEH

TEH

I asked out of interest in what other people would do if they had the opportunity to take one (I no what I would do). and as for saying far to many people on that bit of ground u have no idea what THAT bit of ground is like how big it is or the numbers that we have on it,

I asked out of interest in what other people would do if they had the opportunity to take one (I no what I would do). and as for saying far to many people on that bit of ground u have no idea what THAT bit of ground is like how big it is or the numbers that we have on it,

The Essex Hunter, on 04 Jan 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:snapback.png

TEH

I you want to get in to the details of it....much the same as some comments on Stalking Directory then fine by me....

As above in red.....?

Regarding the size of the ground....has no bearing on the pointing muzzles of rifles up peoples noses, climbing over stiles with a shouldered rifle, and being told where to place the shot....

That is what is on the clip....

TEH

TEH

The Essex Hunter, on 04 Jan 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:snapback.png

I you want to get in to the details of it....much the same as some comments on Stalking Directory then fine by me....

As above in red.....?

Regarding the size of the ground....has no bearing on the pointing muzzles of rifles up peoples noses, climbing over stiles with a shouldered rifle, and being told where to place the shot....

That is what is on the clip....

TEH

TEH

yes I am and I cant tell u why they said that as I new what i needed to do, maybe they got excited as for climbing over the stile and muzzles up peoples noses the guns are never loaded before we are on our grounds. so out all of what u have seen tell me what part of it tells u how many people should or should not be on our ground seeing as u no so much about were I shot

yes I am and I cant tell u why they said that as I new what i needed to do, maybe they got excited as for climbing over the stile and muzzles up peoples noses the guns are never loaded before we are on our grounds. so out all of what u have seen tell me what part of it tells u how many people should or should not be on our ground seeing as u no so much about were I shot

The bit when the deer ran off......... :good:

You also made this statement on a comment I made..........on the muzzle up a chaps nose

" its a very good point but I can assure u the rifles are never loaded before we are on the grounds and yes u are write we were on a public footpath ATB shippers"

TEH

You also made this statement on a comment I made..........on the muzzle up a chaps nose

" its a very good point but I can assure u the rifles are never loaded before we are on the grounds and yes u are write we were on a public footpath ATB shippers"

TEH

TEH

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! oh I see coz we bumped the deer and saw the deer running off that means there's to many people on the land (there was two of us by the way) your a joke. I must be right in thinking u have never bumped in to deer and they have run off wow man u must be good, and yes I did make then comments it was a good point u made but like I said the guns were all unloaded xxx

suspect it was white rather than true albino, we usually leave them as they are much easier to see in the woods and often give the other deer away.

Otherwise if you shoot them your testicles will drop off

That's the reason a lot of people do shoot them as if you suffer from poaching they stand out like a sore thumb

That's the reason a lot of people do shoot them as if you suffer from poaching they stand out like a sore thumb

Yep! Just that reason, I remove the leucistic due to poaching problems, as well as any of the lighter breedings. But having said that, I did leave the odd one for a couple of seasons just to given a very basic idea of movements. Just one left in each group. It was noticed that all 3 ended up together in one of the groups.

This year there are a number coming back though again but will leave till summer coat stats to drop and see if the coat stays light.

We use to have a very nice buck on the land and did leave it as management liked to see it but, not seen it for two seasons.

If poaching is a problem then affraid to say, remove them. If not a problem then just take either what you need for the freezer, your cull numbers or old and sick. I do like to see a mixed group.

cheers guys for the imput. as far as we are aware we have not had any poaching on our land I could not be 100% as there is a road that runs near the back of a small part of the permission so not impossible for poachers to get on our land but we have never found any evidence of poaching. that was the first time we have come across the whites on our land so will see if they stick around we have large numbers of resident deer mainly fallow and some roe but we also have numbers of fallow and roe who transit in some areas as well.

Edited by shippers2