What do they do with them ?

Cranfield

I had arranged to shoot a specific field tomorrow and got a phone call from the farmer this morning telling me I wouldn't need to turn off the gas banger, as it was stolen last night.

This was an expensive item with multiple repeat shot selection, large gas bottle and a big tractor battery, he only bought it this year, as a cheaper version he had was stolen last year.

Last year banger was stolen from a field quite near to the road, but this one was in a field that needs you to pass through another field and two gates to get to it.

Every year farmers seem to have bangers stolen, but what do the thieves do with them ?

The gas bottle and battery have some value, but the main value is in the machine.

Surely the only person who would want to buy one is another farmer.

It must be a fair guess that any offered secondhand and cheap (outside of an agricultural auction, where I know the Auctioneers verify their origins), is probably stolen.

Its hard to believe that a farmer would buy something that probably been stolen from another farmer.

As new batteries are very expensive then it will fit on any lorry with a 13/14mm spanner...

The bottle will heat some one foc for a while......

As for the machine then it will make a few quid in an auction some where....

On the other side of the coin farmers are quite lax when it comes to nailing things down.....

One reason is it take effort to come up with a solution....far easier to ring the NFU and put in a claim....

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

One of the farms that I am lucky enough to have permission on is bordered by the A47 and they had one stolen last year.

It always surprizes me that the farmers never camouflage them with an old hession sack or something similar, the orange bottles stand out very nicely for the oportunist thieves.

my farmer had one go a few years ago, I happened to be shooting with someone who said he heard the local culprits take them to swaffam market, old laws sold between dawn and dusk so he enquired if said culprits had put a gas gun through sure enough they had, bit of door knocking and gave them the option get it back or £xxx in two days or its a chat with old bill. he got it sorted never had another wonder off YET.

I had arranged to shoot a specific field tomorrow and got a phone call from the farmer this morning telling me I wouldn't need to turn off the gas banger, as it was stolen last night.

This was an expensive item with multiple repeat shot selection, large gas bottle and a big tractor battery, he only bought it this year, as a cheaper version he had was stolen last year.

Last year banger was stolen from a field quite near to the road, but this one was in a field that needs you to pass through another field and two gates to get to it.

Every year farmers seem to have bangers stolen, but what do the thieves do with them ?

The gas bottle and battery have some value, but the main value is in the machine.

It must be a fair guess that any offered secondhand and cheap (outside of an agricultural auction, where I know the Auctioneers verify their origins), is probably stolen.

Its hard to believe that a farmer would buy something that probably been stolen from another farmer.

We all know who steals the gas bottles and batteries, but can't say so for fear of being racist. I guess they think they can get a few bob for the machine it'self, if not just dump it with all the rest of their contamination of the countryside.

We all know who steals the gas bottles and batteries, but can't say so for fear of being racist. I guess they think they can get a few bob for the machine it'self, if not just dump it with all the rest of their contamination of the countryside.

They're a problem north of Bristol too! A common way of "casing the joint" is to wander on farm and say they're looking for their lost dog!! Yeah, right.

You obviously don't know Farmers !

Just came back from Lanzarote and the large group of the people that move around

in caravans had decided to eat in a pub we use.

The pub owners made them pay for the meals and drinks up front (because of problems in the past)

When they left the pub looked like a bomb site and they had stolen all the salt and pepper pots, sauce and paper napkins.