David Mckay Brown value.

farmer7

Anyone any idea, roughly, what a 15-20 year old 12bore round bodied side by side would be worth? Its certainly not mint but in nice condition and seen average use. It has the standard engraving and perhaps 60-70% case hardening remaining. Current list price is 46k ex vat.

Rough estimates chaps?

October 2014 "The Fields" 20 best shotguns The David MacKAy Brown round action shotgun is priced at £26,000 plus VAT and a further £2050 if deep engraving is required. MacKay Brown round action guns are based on the famous Dickson Round Action or trigger plate action first patented in the late 1800s and is considered one of the strongest actions of all. Add to that its light weight, fast handling and ease of opening makes it one of the best guns in the world.

Blackpowder

October 2014 "The Fields" 20 best shotguns The David MacKAy Brown round action shotgun is priced at £26,000 plus VAT and a further £2050 if deep engraving is required. MacKay Brown round action guns are based on the famous Dickson Round Action or trigger plate action first patented in the late 1800s and is considered one of the strongest actions of all. Add to that its light weight, fast handling and ease of opening makes it one of the best guns in the world.

Blackpowder

They are quite a bit more expensive now as that article was first published in 2007! As per DMB website current pricing starts at £46,000 excluding VAT.

Oh you lucky man - Beautiful guns made 5 minutes from where I am sitting at the moment, hard to price It would all be down to the condition hard to tell without seeing it.

Unfortunately its not mine and never will be! Out of my price range although I did get to handle it whilst shooting pheasants on Saturday and they really are beautiful! It actually belonged to my friends father who passed away and my friend is going to keep it but I believe he has to pay a percentage of its current value, inheritance tax I think. A local gunshop who he asked to value it said 30k.

Tell whoever values it that it's for probate purposes only. I used to shoot with a wealthy friend who's father had a London best SxS in the cabinet. The lawyers asked the makers for probate values and they said £300. Later when no one could agree who in the family should have the gun, they took it in to the makers who checked the gun against their extensive records and bought it there and then for £7,500!