peugeot 205 1.9 gti

dhumble5

I had both a 1.6and 1.9GTi , both were fantastic , one slightly more than the other , and both stuck to the road like **** to a blanket . Both had the legs on my brothers MK2 XR2 but I was passed easily one day by a Fiat Strada Abarth 2.0 TC....guess what car I traded the 1.9GTi in for !!!! That car lasted a few months , quite good for a Fiat really , then was changed for a 79 3.0S Capri which lasted 13 years....happy days

I had both a 1.6and 1.9GTi , both were fantastic , one slightly more than the other , and both stuck to the road like **** to a blanket . Both had the legs on my brothers MK2 XR2 but I was passed easily one day by a Fiat Strada Abarth 2.0 TC....guess what car I traded the 1.9GTi in for !!!! That car lasted a few months , quite good for a Fiat really , then was changed for a 79 3.0S Capri which lasted 13 years....happy days

I had identical 2.0 and 3.1 s capri's. If I got beat in the 2.0s I'd go home and swap them over. Those pesky little Fiat Uno turbos were a bloody handful tho.

Not in Delboy Green I hope!

I had the 205 GTI 1.6 version - I thought it slow and rusted the quickest out of any car I've ever had. Saying that, I bought it off an oil rig worker and I reckon the local sea salt air melted the car.

The most fun for pound was my Renault 5GT Turbo that had everything on it turned up to 11 - fast, but the overall car had the build quality of a tin of family circle biscuits - I always thought how the door close sounded just like putting the biscuit tin lid back on.